Can I purchase an M10 for my wife and for the difference in price of the Ltd get same weight or better?

Bigtuna00

Nov 27, 2019
CA
I meant to say, just in case: keep an eye on Jenson. My Large LTD showed up randomly on the site and I bought it a day later. What I mean is the website first said "more on the way", available in July. Then I happened to check around March 18 and they had 1 Large in stock. It must have come in unexpectedly? Or maybe a return? But the point is, check the sites regularly, you might get lucky :)

(also they're showing July for LTD's so not THAT far off)

BobR

Apr 14, 2021
Florida
As much as I'd love to recommend the Rise, this may actually be the perfect fit for your wife. The M-LTD is decently light (~38lbs), and can be made about a pound lighter reasonably, but the E-Caliber claims to be 33lbs with the XTR build. There's no way you're going to get a Rise that light. Both have way more power than the Levo SL too.
She loves the Rise that she demoed which is an M10 and she has this thing about Treks... and from my point if she and I have essentially the same bike it is way easier for me to maintain them... All this wealth of information is what I intend to use to purchase the M10 and put the right upgrades on it so that she can enjoy it the most. We are intending to live in the mountains and a legitimate trail/all mountain will do her justice as we get older too.

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
As much as I'd love to recommend the Rise, this may actually be the perfect fit for your wife. The M-LTD is decently light (~38lbs), and can be made about a pound lighter reasonably, but the E-Caliber claims to be 33lbs with the XTR build. There's no way you're going to get a Rise that light. Both have way more power than the Levo SL too.

...but it's gonna be a real mismatch if he's on a Rise and she's on the e-Caliber. The Rise can take on burly stuff that the e-Caliber can't really handle that well with only 60mm of rear travel.

BobR

Apr 14, 2021
Florida
...but it's gonna be a real mismatch if he's on a Rise and she's on the e-Caliber. The Rise can take on burly stuff that the e-Caliber can't really handle that well with only 60mm of rear travel.
It is all about us riding together for sure! Yet my wife has taken that XC down Sugar Mountain in NC which is a chair lift bike park but in the mountains it is wise for her to have more travel as you say if she likes it.

DanMcDan

Mar 18, 2021
Torquay
Just to point out, the 34 that is specced on the M20 is 260g heavier than the factory 34 on the LTD, probably down to the grip vs grip2 damper.

Pdoz

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 16, 2019
Maffra Victoria Australia
Just to point out, the 34 that is specced on the M20 is 260g heavier than the factory 34 on the LTD, probably down to the grip vs grip2 damper.

He's looking at an m10 which can be specced down to a 34 mm factory fit 4 kashima - ie 260 gms LIGHTER and $270 oz cheaper . ( 1738 gms vs 1965 gms for the stock 36 mm factory grip 2) I've been wondering about this, but struggle with choosing a " lower" spec option - even if it's probably more than good enough for me.

For comparison , "upgrading " the wheels to the next sl's only saves you 250 gms at $1300 oz - and it doesn't sound like they are emtb suitable?

Last edited:

Bigtuna00

Nov 27, 2019
CA
LTD is FIT4, not GRIP/GRIP2. But the point still stands, GRIP2 is about 100g heavier.

Last edited:

Bigtuna00

Nov 27, 2019
CA
Are you sure, the fox website has both fit and grip factory 34's at the same weight?

Are you talking about this?

Starting Weight 29 3.83 lb / 1738g g (F-S, 34, 29”, 130mm Travel, Kabolt 110, 3 Pos-Adj)*

GRIP2 doesn't come in "3 Pos-Ad". Fox is publishing the weight for a FIT4 fork. Also keep in mind if you're looking at the site since a few days ago, those are 2022 forks.

Anyway yes, the GRIP2 damper is ~140g heavier than FIT4.

BobR

Apr 14, 2021
Florida
So what I am thinking based on all this great data is that is if I can get an M10 or an Ltd by or before July and am still probably better off going with the M10 because I am hearing I can do better than the on wheels from a weight to quality ratio and then see how it goes from there... my wife will change the seat out almost immediately as she found one she likes and keeps using that one. I am thinking of using the Rekon I pulled off the back of my M10 and put that in the front of her bike so she will run a little faster and because they have the EXO+ rating she should be able to hit the rock gardens w/o puncture. Then if I want to go to an XTR rear cassette and lighten up her suspension I will have back ups for my bike. That is what I am thinking as of now... Does this make sense based on our situation?

DanMcDan

Mar 18, 2021
Torquay
Pretty much. Also tbh I don’t notice the weight so much when riding Vs my 5010cc which is 12kgs, in fact asides from lifting my M20 over the occasional gate it feels pretty much like riding any of my analog bikes (apart for the DH) and that is also the wife’s opinion and she rides it more than me (her other bike is a Nomad cc V4)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles