Sam2 seatpost insertion length

MattBaigent

Jun 18, 2022
North Hampshire
Hi all,

I have the sam2 6.8 and I’m looking to upgrade the seatpost as the original one is pretty crap. I’m looking to fit the 210mm oneup v2 but unsure of how much I can fit into the frame.

Would anybody know how much clearance the frames have, I beleive the oneup insertion length is around 290mm which I think will be far too much.

Thanks.

MattBaigent

Jun 18, 2022
North Hampshire
So I managed to find some time (meant to be cooking) and found that we have 280mm available.

The 210mm oneup post needs 297mm but with the post moderne 170mm, I have a few inches coming out of the frame so I reckon the 210 will be fine…… I’ll order it and let you know

MattBaigent

Jun 18, 2022
North Hampshire
So I managed to find some time (meant to be cooking) and found that we have 280mm available.

The 210mm oneup post needs 297mm but with the post moderne 170mm, I have a few inches coming out of the frame so I reckon the 210 will be fine…… I’ll order it and let you know
The 210mm fits good. Still has about 2 inches out of the frame for it to be at my riding height. Wondered if the 240mm would fit but the extra insertion length would mean it’s sat pretty much where it is now and then it’d be way too high…. So I’m pretty happy with the 210!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles