Levo Gen 3 S4 for 6' tall? anyone tried this and happy w/ it or are most saying it's too small?

Savan

Dec 16, 2021
Iowa
I'm 6'2" and have a levo s4 on order. Have many other six footers been happy w/ an s4 or is the consensus that s5 is the way to go?

I know it supposedly has to do w/ riding style and what you like. just curious if there's any consensus.

PCRover

Jul 18, 2021
NorCal, USA
I'm almost 6'3" with longish legs and ride an XL. I can ride L's but feel like I am too big for them. The seat needs to be up so high the Handlebars are too low for my liking even with max spacers. Reach is not as much of a problem as stack height.

Savan

Dec 16, 2021
Iowa
Thanks for the input. There is an existing height/size thread for levos but no one is talking a sizing. Just s/m/l/xl

Reactions: rb.

rb.

Apr 27, 2020
San Jose, usa
For me if I was on the fence with sizing, on a normal bike I’d size up, on an ebike I’d size down. With the added weight of ebikes they are naturally more stable and can benefit in the maneuverability with a slightly smaller sizing. S4 sounds right.

Alexbn921

Sep 27, 2021
East Bay CA
I'm 6'4" and ride an S5. I like long bikes. If I where you I would go for the S4. It has better balance of weight distribution and can have higher handlebars with the same weight distribution.

bowser

May 23, 2019
Australia
I'm 6'1 and rode a S3 yesterday and although the seat was pretty high it didn't feel terrible. I had a 19 Levo in L and it felt too long
I'm very on the fence with S3 or S4 for new bike

rodomotion

Sep 3, 2019
Chile
I'm 6'1 and rode a S3 yesterday and although the seat was pretty high it didn't feel terrible. I had a 19 Levo in L and it felt too long
I'm very on the fence with S3 or S4 for new bike
I'm 6' and I have a 19 Levo in L. perfect for me. A friend is 6'3 and he finds it too small for him. He rides a 18 Stumpjumper in XL.

Brianjonesphoto

Patreon
Oct 8, 2018
Seattle USA
I'm 6'4" and ride an S5. I like long bikes. If I where you I would go for the S4. It has better balance of weight distribution and can have higher handlebars with the same weight distribution.
I’m 6-6 and am about to pull the trigger on an S6. I got a chance to take one for a car prak spin and it felt great. I should try a S5 before I decide.

Jamo

Jul 25, 2020
Fife
I’m 6ft and bought an S5. Admittedly it felt it a bit on the long side as i got to know it for the first few months, and, as somebody else said, a bit imbalanced between a lengthy front end and a fairly squat rear end. But I’ve swapped to a 35mm stem to get the reach to 487, almost exactly where i like it, and have also added higher rise bars. First few rides have felt much improved and easier to get enough weight over the front wheel.

the bikes have a lot of adjustability. I reckon if between sizes you could probably work within a window and make either size work. Although having said that a size s4 at 6ft 2 seems like it may be a bit on the small side.

Eduardoramundo

Aug 8, 2019
Glasgow
I’m 6ft and bought an S5. Admittedly it felt it a bit on the long side as i got to know it for the first few months, and, as somebody else said, a bit imbalanced between a lengthy front end and a fairly squat rear end. But I’ve swapped to a 35mm stem to get the reach to 487, almost exactly where i like it, and have also added higher rise bars. First few rides have felt much improved and easier to get enough weight over the front wheel.

the bikes have a lot of adjustability. I reckon if between sizes you could probably work within a window and make either size work. Although having said that a size s4 at 6ft 2 seems like it may be a bit on the small side.

6’2” and it’s definitely XL and S5 for me.

Goodmango13

Jan 25, 2020
NY
I'm 6'2" and have a levo s4 on order. Have many other six footers been happy w/ an s4 or is the consensus that s5 is the way to go?

I know it supposedly has to do w/ riding style and what you like. just curious if there's any consensus., not
I'm 6'1" and ride a 2019 Levo XL and I love the fit.....I've tried the Large and I feel I'm on top of it, too high up. I've ridden my friend's 2022 Levo S5 often enough to comment that it fits great as well.....yes it gets down to ride/style/terrain preferences.....I talk to my friends about this sizing subject and it is obviously never a one size fits all....I'm going to suggest that the S4 certainly could work well...probably more nimble than the S5

Jimmy22

Dec 25, 2021
Calgary
6’2” and purchased a 2021 levo comp in large based on spec sizing tool, it fits great. Just bought a ‘22 S4 as the S5 reach felt too long. Can always make a bike a bit bigger, more difficult to make smaller….suggest trying both S4 and S5 if you can as your body proportions, incl. torso/leg/arm lengths as well as riding style will play into your choice.

High Rock Ruti

May 13, 2019
Massachusetts
High Rock Ruti

6 foot S4 22 Pro I wish I could have tried an S3, the bike fits but feels longish, fantastic bike, my 20 Orbea wild fs team is easier to ride could be the 29" rear not sure, love em both. Lost the first Brose 2.2 in 600 miles, still a POS, I don't care what the ratings say the Bosch is a stronger motor, is that what they call first world problems?

Warm Regards Ruti

whiterabbit

Aug 17, 2020
USA
6’3” here long legs on a 2020 Kenevo and I’m so glad I got an S4. I like to get off the ground at least a little and an S5 would make it that much harder. If I only liked steep super sketchy downhill (and I DO!), the S5 might be nicer as a purpose specific machine. But I think the S4 for me is more versatile. YMMV.

z1ppy

E*POWAH Master
May 11, 2018
West Mids
Wow, I'm 6'2", I''ve had a quick go on a S5, and due to the steeper seat angle I'd considering going for an S6. Cockpit felt way smaller then my current XL (19 Levo)

High Rock Ruti

May 13, 2019
Massachusetts
High Rock Ruti

I found the Specialized narrative about sizing the bike to fit the style of riding helpful. I wish I could have tried an S3, but pickings were slim and had only one chance to choose, the bike rides great in S4 but it does feel long.

Warm Regards Ruti

Cb750stu

Subscriber
Nov 6, 2020
United Kingdom
I'm 5ft 10 and have a S4 , only had a quick ride on it so far but it seems a good size for me , I do like a long slack bike which it certainly is 🤟🤟

Savan

Dec 16, 2021
Iowa
Funny enough I just thought to look at the reach of my current analog bike and the reach on the s4 is actually even a little longer. So I guess in terms of reach I’ll be fine…on paper. Interestingly I saw that the levo is a little less slack. My Felt compulsion is 67 deg head angle as opposed to 65.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles