Levo Gen 3 Anyone riding Turbo Levo s4 with 5'8"

pedalzeal

May 11, 2022
Korea
Hello, I'm new to e-mtb and Specialized brand as well.
I wonder if there's anyone with my height (5'8", 173cm) and riding s4 size Turbo Levo and share their experience.
I know my height is at the border of s4, according to Specilized's size chart, and s3 may be a safe choice.
However, it's extremely hard to get a Turbo Levo in my area and it seems one in s4 size is the only option for a while (probably until next model year comes).
The local dealer doesn't have s4 either but told me they can get s4 if I decide to buy. Sounds weird but the bike is so scarce around here.
I really want to get one and ride before the weather becomes too hot and rainy, but also want to make a good choice when I spend 10k.
As I said I'm new to e-mtb and specialized, but not new to MTB. I have a Trek's M size AM bike and ML size XC bike. AM bike is slightly small for me, and XC bike fits me.
Thank you for your help!

RobG

Apr 27, 2022
Fulltime RV
I got mine in an S3 (in the Salt Lake City area)... I'm 5'8 with a 29" inseam and the S3 fits well. I wouldn't even want to consider an S4. In fact, I sometimes wonder if an S2 might have been a better choice. If you can find an S2 to sit on or test ride in the parking lot, give it a try.

For example, with my S3, the seatpost is too high. I lowered it as far as it'll go, but when it's at full extension, it's about 1-1/2" too tall. I just lower it a bit so it's right, but it'd be nice if I didn't have to. On an S2, the post is shorter and probably would fit better. But that's due to my short legs. If you have a more realistic inseam of 30-31 you might be fine.

Go to the Specialized website and click the Find In-Store button and start punching in zipcodes to see what you can find, after selecting the color and size you want. It'll come up with a list, and even tell you if a store has stock but in a different color. You might have to drive a few hours. For me, it was a three hour trip up to SLC and back.

Actually... another option is ship-to-store. The website shows that the only color available is black in S3... but you can then pick which store to ship it to. FWIW mine's black and it looks great when clean. :) (this is assuming we're talking about the Turbo Levo Alloy)

Dfriz

Mar 16, 2018
USA
I got mine in an S3 (in the Salt Lake City area)... I'm 5'8 with a 29" inseam and the S3 fits well. I wouldn't even want to consider an S4. In fact, I sometimes wonder if an S2 might have been a better choice. If you can find an S2 to sit on or test ride in the parking lot, give it a try.

For example, with my S3, the seatpost is too high. I lowered it as far as it'll go, but when it's at full extension, it's about 1-1/2" too tall. I just lower it a bit so it's right, but it'd be nice if I didn't have to. On an S2, the post is shorter and probably would fit better. But that's due to my short legs. If you have a more realistic inseam of 30-31 you might be fine.

Go to the Specialized website and click the Find In-Store button and start punching in zipcodes to see what you can find, after selecting the color and size you want. It'll come up with a list, and even tell you if a store has stock but in a different color. You might have to drive a few hours. For me, it was a three hour trip up to SLC and back.

Actually... another option is ship-to-store. The website shows that the only color available is black in S3... but you can then pick which store to ship it to. FWIW mine's black and it looks great when clean. :) (this is assuming we're talking about the Turbo Levo Alloy)

Try some shorter cranks to get the seat height correct for your inseam

RobG

Apr 27, 2022
Fulltime RV
I'm 174cm on S3. It's plenty big. Don't settle for an S4 just because it's available.

Do you ever feel like your S3 is too big for you? You're I think 2cm taller than me but my short inseam and arms sometimes make me wonder if an S2 might have been better. Or I'm just too out of shape to know what to do with it... which is probably the case. :)

Gyre

Jan 25, 2021
Pasadena, CA
Do you ever feel like your S3 is too big for you? You're I think 2cm taller than me but my short inseam and arms sometimes make me wonder if an S2 might have been better. Or I'm just too out of shape to know what to do with it... which is probably the case. :)
I've struggled with mediums that feel too compact and larges that feel too large. The S3 feels like the right in-between balance. I can totally see someone of similar height who prioritizes tight trails and a smaller cockpit going to S2. IMHO, treat the Specialized sizing chart as if you're 2 cm shorter than actual.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles