Roval Traverse front wheel bearings play

Levo Laland

Nov 27, 2019
Surrey UK
My 2019 Levo’s front wheel has developed play in the front wheel bearings after just 250 miles.Does anybody know how to fix this? Can they be tightened or adjusted or do I need new bearings? If new bearings are required could you let me know which ones are needed and if they are easy to install. Can’t find much on the web on this.

TheBikePilot

🎥SHOOTER🎥
Patreon
Author
Oct 9, 2018
Clapham, London
My 2019 Levo’s front wheel has developed play in the front wheel bearings after just 250 miles.Does anybody know how to fix this? Can they be tightened or adjusted or do I need new bearings? If new bearings are required could you let me know which ones are needed and if they are easy to install. Can’t find much on the web on this.

Your riding too quick Si....Slow down :)

Waynetta

E*POWAH Master
Feb 11, 2020
Plymouth Devon
I would imagine it’s the same as changing any other wheel bearing. Drift or pull out, push or drift n new ones. Can’t be any more complicated than that unless they’re blind ones. puller only then. The bearings must be absolutely sheet if they have play after so little miles. Replace with good quality ones and if any doubts remove seals and pack with good quality grease. information on what size bearing should be available from Specialized. Failing that the old bearings should have number on them. Something like 6802 RS or 6902 RS

Last edited:

Levo Laland

Nov 27, 2019
Surrey UK
Cheers guys. Slowing down is not an option! I’ll call Berkshire Cycles tomorrow and see what they have to say about it, besides trying to sell me some Hope wheels.

Levo Laland

Nov 27, 2019
Surrey UK
I emailed Specialized and they confirmed the bearing size and offered a possible warranty repair if I presented the wheels to the dealer for inspection. As I currently have no reason to visit Berkshire Cycles at the moment I’m going to replace them myself.
I’ve repacked the current bearings this evening, the non rotor side is the culprit (water ingress). I Can confirm the bearings are 6902 and the stock ones are unbranded and clearly not up to UK winter riding. The seals on the caps aren’t brilliant and I’d recommend popping the caps and applying a good grease to protect the bearings.
New set of Enduro ones ordered and a blind removal tool £20 the lot.

TheBikePilot

🎥SHOOTER🎥
Patreon
Author
Oct 9, 2018
Clapham, London
That’s decent. They usually walk away from bearings and wear parts but fair play to them for changing that out but shouldn’t have failed that soon..

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
Do you know if that is rear bearings also?
I believe the rears are 6903 lb lu from memory. They are also easier to replace than the fronts. The letters denote the seals used. The outer being orange urethane and the inside black rubber. I got replacements with urethane both sides. The freehub I don’t know about as I’m still on the original after 9000km. On my third freehub side axle bearing tho and my second axle ?‍♂️

Levo Laland

Nov 27, 2019
Surrey UK
I ordered the Enduro 6902 LLB:

“Enduro LLB Type Seals: Our most popular seal type, this is a Nitrile material rubber with a steel insert. Rather than the standard 2RS type seal, we go a step further by machining a groove into the inner race where the seal can rotate with better efficiency and less rolling resistance. Rather than one thick seal lip rubbing on a blunt surface, LLB type utilizes two razor thin sealing lips riding in the groove with light contact. The outside lip keeps the water and contaminates out, while the inner seal retains the grease for smooth function and long intervals between servicing.”

Waynetta

E*POWAH Master
Feb 11, 2020
Plymouth Devon
I ordered the Enduro 6902 LLB:

“Enduro LLB Type Seals: Our most popular seal type, this is a Nitrile material rubber with a steel insert. Rather than the standard 2RS type seal, we go a step further by machining a groove into the inner race where the seal can rotate with better efficiency and less rolling resistance. Rather than one thick seal lip rubbing on a blunt surface, LLB type utilizes two razor thin sealing lips riding in the groove with light contact. The outside lip keeps the water and contaminates out, while the inner seal retains the grease for smooth function and long intervals between servicing.”
Where from and how much? Sounds good.

Levo Laland

Nov 27, 2019
Surrey UK
Do you know if that is rear bearings also?
Rear bearings are 6903 just had to order the rear as well for myself. Ordered the same Enduro bearings with the LLB seals from Kinetic. Had rear axel out today to check as I had developed some play in the rear wheel.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles