Levo Gen 2 2017 Levo Expert - how to replace the rear wheel bearings, Roval Traverse

GDAS

Sep 19, 2018
Surrey, UK
The stock 27.5 rear wheel on my 2017 Expert Levo FSR has developed some play, I believe it uses DT Swiss internals, I recently replaced the bearings in the DT Swiss XD Freehub which were totally shot but there still remains some play, so I think the next step must be the wheel bearings.

To get to the wheel bearings, I believe you have to remove the DT Swiss 'ratchet ring' on the drive side of the hub. This requires a rather expensive specific tool - but there appear to be a host of China-based ebay sellers selling a compatible tool for around £11. Except the one I ordered didn't fit. (to be fair, they refunded immediately and didn't ask for the item to be returned). Reading reviews, I see this 'did not fit' scenario isn't unusual.

So my question is - does anyone have a link to a reasonably priced version of this tool that fits and works?

Ted

Apr 23, 2019
California
I bought a Chinese DT Swiss tool set off of ebay and the tools fit and worked just fine. The link is below. Be aware that DT Swiss makes star ratchet and pawl hubs. Mine is star ratchet.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles