Rocksox Lyric RC2 left air side bottom foot-bolt update !

kendo

Sep 2, 2019
Scotland
Hello to all and thanks for all the input I got on this. To remind you all, I lost the bolt from the left side and have since replaced with M8 X 14mm stainless steel bolt and a washer made from soft plastic, works perfectly. I have attached a pic...also, just to let you all know, I have installed the new head seal and bottom nut 2021 upgrade for the air spring and I will say "what a hell of a difference"...no losing that 10 -15 mm travel because of suck down, so much better on the big drops and jumps being an ebike you need all that travel. Although I have fox shocks on other bikes which I think are best, the Lyric is now nearly on par. Cheers ?

Lyric IMG_20200614_2218172 (3).jpg

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
You can buy the proper crush washers in a service kit , have You tried adding the air spacer tokens it came with to change what you may be describing as suck down .?

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
Suckdown is a common fault on these forks, caused by the small dimple inside lower fork leg that allows air to flow to equalize the negative pressure, it gets blocked with grease and so causes vacuum. To solve this issue permanently is to buy the " 2021 C1 Debonair Air Spring Upgrade Kit", works a treat.
?

View attachment 50401
Iam with you I think . I much prefer the rockshock forks so many great mods much easier to tune and self service than fox . I think the average rider gets more from rockshock unless they are really good at set up .

Tonytank

Jun 5, 2019
London
Just to add it looks like you fitted the metal washer the wrong way round as the plastic washer should go in that groove of the metal washer?

Tonytank

Jun 5, 2019
London
There is no groove... I made the soft plastic washer so that it seals with the stainless steel washer which the bolt compresses, perfect fit and better than original...never had a leak.
Lol you are tighter than a ducks arse! I paid about 3 quid for eight of the correct washers! I am impressed with your level of tightness?

Tonytank

Jun 5, 2019
London
...and jolly good for you too, you must be so proud. ?
Nah not really my old gunnery instructor would say ' use the correctt tools correctly, and replace parts with the correct parts'
And if you didnt you would find yourself running around the square with a 120mm hesh shell. So not proud by any means?

kendo

Sep 2, 2019
Scotland
Nah not really my old gunnery instructor would say ' use the correctt tools correctly, and replace parts with the correct parts'
And if you didnt you would find yourself running around the square with a 120mm hesh shell. So not proud by any means?
Been building bikes of all kinds for over 40 years, innovation and invention. As for artillery...the Archer FH 77 BW L52 Howitzer was always a favourite...but for more practical use; the HK MP5 or C8 Carbine...back in the day. As I would say, whatever works and works well.?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles