Rockshox Lyric RC2 Forks Bottom Bolt....C'mon I need the answer

kendo

Sep 2, 2019
Scotland
All I'm asking is anyone who has a Rockshox Lyric RC2 Fork, mine is 2019 170m on a vitus esommet to please go out turn the bike upside down remove and measure the Bottom Foot Bolt on the air spring side it is black on the left (not the rebound side which has the cap). I know it is an M8 bolt but need to know what the length in mm the threaded part is. I can get one but I'm not paying the £16 for the kit for one bolt. I have a fix in place at the moment. Cheers for the help in advance.??

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
All I'm asking is anyone who has a Rockshox Lyric RC2 Fork, mine is 2019 170m on a vitus esommet to please go out turn the bike upside down remove and measure the Bottom Foot Bolt on the air spring side it is black on the left (not the rebound side which has the cap). I know it is an M8 bolt but need to know what the length in mm the threaded part is. I can get one but I'm not paying the £16 for the kit for one bolt. I have a fix in place at the moment. Cheers for the help in advance.??
See this manual https://www.servicearchive.sram.com...manual_2019-2020_lyrik_yari_english_rev_a.pdf

KennyB

E*POWAH Master
Aug 25, 2019
Taunton
If you insist on bodging it, just screw in a bolt, measure the amount it sticks out and chop it off. Just checked mine and it is non ferrous so I suggest you use a non ferrous bolt.

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
Another option;

Measure in photo online ‐ eleif.net with any decent Google image
bolt.jpg

KennyB

E*POWAH Master
Aug 25, 2019
Taunton
I refuse to pay £16 for one f'kn bolt....I've spent more the £1500 on upgrades for your info. Point of principle £16 quid for a bolt...no.
It's actually £16 for two special alloy bolts. And I told you it was 14mm on your other thread on this.
Stainless steel bolts in aluminium can cause galvanic corrosion, by the way.

Last edited:

Levo-Lon

Jan 21, 2020
Uk
I was once quoted £32 for a front sprocket nut for a Kawasaki KH250 back in 1985!!
Now that was fookin extortion Nut

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
Just count the number if threads if you have a photo online of the original ,

Tonytank

Jun 5, 2019
London
Are you scottish? ?

zez3

May 3, 2021
non-EU(CH)
Thr measurements where taken from an 29" ZEB ultimate but according to sram documentation they are the same on most new fork models

zez3

May 3, 2021
non-EU(CH)
It was nearly a year ago now, hopefully he’s still not waiting and trying to avoid spending £16! ?
for posterity purposes perhaps, hopefully will help someone else. My search engine results pointed here. It would be a shame not to answer such a simple question.
In my case I needed a 10mm longer thread for some experimentation

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles