Rail (750Wh) Rockshox Vivid on a Rail?

obiwun

Mar 22, 2021
Australia
Hi all,
Has anyone tried the new Rockshox Vivid shock on a Gen 4 Rail? A mate has just installed one on his Levo and loves it. What stroke length and tune would you go for?
Cheers

arTNC

Feb 1, 2024
Texas
Carbon or aluminum Rail? I have a Vivid R2C coil on a Nomad, and it and the air version seem to have a decently large piggyback which can be a problem on some Rails.

obiwun

Mar 22, 2021
Australia
Should fit no problems on 750wh battery rail. As for sizes 230x57.5 is factory so you can potentially overstroke to 230x60 and even possibly a 230x62.5

HTH
Cool thanks, I haven't seen much written about changing rear shocks on the Gen 4 Rail. I would hope 62.5 is possible given the eye to eye is the same and there seems to be plenty of clearance for a larger piggy back. There are a bunch of tunes available so I was hoping someone had already done the homework there. Levo gets a tune from Rockshox, I would have thought a popular bike like the Rail would get a tune too, but I suspect the Rail would work pretty well with a 'standard' tune due to its pretty simple kinematics and middle of the road leverage ratio. Leverage on the Levo is quite different.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles