Levo Gen 3 Rockshox Super Deluxe Ultimate

2020levocomp

May 4, 2023
U.S.
I'm not sure why that Youtube link didn't work but here is the information I was trying to share.
Go to youtube and search for

1 suspension trick you need to know. The author is Semi-Sendy​

Hopefully that gets you to his video. I found that one helpful and he has a bunch of other suspension tuning videos as well.

-Randy

Dave_B

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
Thanks Randy. Will watch that later.
I made the assumption that removing volume spacers would reduce ramp up and hence give me all the travel, I think what has actually happened is that having no volume spacers has given me less travel.

So more volume spacers, less pressure with give me all the travel put still ramp it up so I do t get harsh bottom outs.

I’ve made this same mistake in both shock and fork. So will be adding 2 +be spacers to each and then seeing what happens.

2020levocomp

May 4, 2023
U.S.
Thanks Randy. Will watch that later.
I made the assumption that removing volume spacers would reduce ramp up and hence give me all the travel, I think what has actually happened is that having no volume spacers has given me less travel.

So more volume spacers, less pressure with give me all the travel put still ramp it up so I do t get harsh bottom outs.

I’ve made this same mistake in both shock and fork. So will be adding 2 +be spacers to each and then seeing what happens.
Hey Dave,

I think you had it right.
Less volume spacers should make the shock more linear.
More volume spacers will make the shock more progressive.
More linear should have consistent resistance throughout the travel.
More progressive should make the shock have more resistance the further it gets into it's travel.
I believe that's what Tyler from SRAM was saying in his response that I included above.
You also have non-adjustable HBO in your shock so no matter what you do it's still going to increase resistance near the end of the travel.

One additional note; The point in that video is that most shocks, especially air shocks, are by nature progressive.
If you reduce the air too much the shock will ride lower in its travel and you'll lose the more supple top part of the travel.
I hadn't thought of that until I saw that video.

All that said, you should ride what feels best for you and adding/removing those volume reducers isn't that hard to do.
Try it out and ride what you like!

Good luck!
-Randy

torabora851

Apr 13, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Hey guys, how do I know if there is HBO or not? Just checked the local dealer and there is no pyramid sign on the shaft. RS-SDLX-ULT-C1. 12T32099493 00.4118.358.004

Really confused, at the RockShox website there is no word about the sdlx-ult shocks without HBO, but all pictures about HBO show that sign on the shaft.

Last edited:

Henrik

Oct 25, 2022
Germany
If it has that sign on the shaft (pyramid sign) it has the HBO, no sign = no HBO.
Here in germany, there is only one big online shop where you can buy the RS SD Ultimate + HBO directly.

fraatti

Jun 1, 2020
Finland

Andeh

May 30, 2023
Half Moon Bay, CA
I found a used SDU on Pinkbike with HBO, and have a few rides on it now. It's got an OEM tune for a SJ Evo, which is identical to the OEM Levo tune except for lighter climb switch (320# instead of 380#). I'm seriously impressed - liking it better than my EXT Arma. Better midstroke support, totally bottomless feeling, and overall feel matches the Zeb really well.

torabora851

Apr 13, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Today had my first ride L1NL32 with HBO in my local bike park today. Highspeed rough trails with roots and rocks and flowy jump lines. I'm really impressed. I noticed a real difference between the stock Fox float X on high-speed chatters, and how confident I feel on landings.

I'm 80kg, I didn't add or remove tokens, just 200psi and 9rebound as per TrailHead recommendation. It works as a charm, nice and plush no bottom outs!

Last edited:

MuSkA

Feb 13, 2023
Portugal
Hi there!
Just bought a 23' Super Deluxe Ultimate for my Gen 3 Levo and could only get it with the linear air can. I'm wondering if I should get the progressive air can, as the Levo is fairly linear and not that hard to run out of travel? Anyone with experience with both cans? Thank you in advance

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles