E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
I have my shock pretty much dialed now.

245psi for about 30% sag
5 clicks of LSR (from closed)
HSC is fully open
LSC is in the middle position (2 clicks)

I now get full travel. I have no idea how many tokens are in my shock.

rzr

Sep 26, 2022
bcn
mine (230x65)
around 180-185psi (77kg fully loaded)
LSR (i don't remember :D depends on preferences)
HSC 1-2 clicks from close (is it middle as well?)
LSC in a middle.

2020levocomp

May 4, 2023
U.S.
Thank you all for your information and feedback!
It's been very helpful.

I ride a 2020 Levo Comp and I'm looking to upgrade my Rockshox Deluxe Select + rear shock.
I'm at about the 200 hour mark and it seems to make more sense to upgrade to the new 2023 Super Deluxe Ultimate than to pay to rebuild a marginal shock.
I upgraded the Damper and Spring in my Lyric last year so I have a virtual Ultimate in the front. That made a significant difference in ride quality so I'm hoping for the same from the shock.

I reached out to SRAM support with questions about a Levo specific build and it echoes the information provided by Fraatti.
On a very positive note, SRAM support has been very responsive and helpful with a level of customer service that is very hard to find these days!

Here is what I got from them:

I'm glad to hear that you're already enjoying your upgraded Lyrik! The new Super Deluxe Ultimate will be a good match for your upgrades.

Thanks for sending the serial number. The compatible replacement 2023 Super Deluxe Ultimate (C1) is part number 00.4118.358.063 (RS Super Deluxe Ultimate RC2T - 210X52.5 Linear Air, 0 Neg/3 Pos Tokens, Linear Reb/LC Comp, 320lb Lockout, Hydraulic Bottom Out, Standard Standard (8x20) C1 Specialized Levo 2020-2021). This shock is custom-tuned for the 2020-2021 Turbo Levo.

The standard aftermarket offering is part number 00.4118.358.090 (Rear Shock Super Deluxe Ultimate RC2T - (210X52.5) Linear Air, 0 Neg/1 Pos Token, LinearReb/LowComp, Hydraulic Bottom Out, 320lb Theshold, Standard Standard - C1). This configuration may be easier to find available and, with the addition of two positive volume reducers, will have a similar tune to the custom shock. Spare volume reducers are part number 11.4118.051.005 (REAR SHOCK VOLUME REDUCER KIT - (3 POSITIVE TOKENS) - SUPER DELUXE THRUSHAFT C1 (2021)/SUPER DELUXE AIR C1 (2023+)/DELUXE AIR C1 (2023+)).

I'm planning to contact my local bike shop and see if they can get me the standard aftermarket version.
These seem to be in short but I'm hoping to get one soon.
I'll report back with my results once I get it installed and set up.

Now get out there and RIDE! :cool:

-Randy

2020levocomp

May 4, 2023
U.S.
I've looked at TFTuned's website and those folks seem to be a great place to work with.
Does anyone know of a similar shop in the US?
I've searched online but I'd prefer a recommendation from someone with firsthand experience.

Thanks!

fraatti

Jun 1, 2020
Finland
Thank you all for your information and feedback!
It's been very helpful.

I ride a 2020 Levo Comp and I'm looking to upgrade my Rockshox Deluxe Select + rear shock.
I'm at about the 200 hour mark and it seems to make more sense to upgrade to the new 2023 Super Deluxe Ultimate than to pay to rebuild a marginal shock.
I upgraded the Damper and Spring in my Lyric last year so I have a virtual Ultimate in the front. That made a significant difference in ride quality so I'm hoping for the same from the shock.

I reached out to SRAM support with questions about a Levo specific build and it echoes the information provided by Fraatti.
On a very positive note, SRAM support has been very responsive and helpful with a level of customer service that is very hard to find these days!

Here is what I got from them:

I'm glad to hear that you're already enjoying your upgraded Lyrik! The new Super Deluxe Ultimate will be a good match for your upgrades.

Thanks for sending the serial number. The compatible replacement 2023 Super Deluxe Ultimate (C1) is part number 00.4118.358.063 (RS Super Deluxe Ultimate RC2T - 210X52.5 Linear Air, 0 Neg/3 Pos Tokens, Linear Reb/LC Comp, 320lb Lockout, Hydraulic Bottom Out, Standard Standard (8x20) C1 Specialized Levo 2020-2021). This shock is custom-tuned for the 2020-2021 Turbo Levo.

The standard aftermarket offering is part number 00.4118.358.090 (Rear Shock Super Deluxe Ultimate RC2T - (210X52.5) Linear Air, 0 Neg/1 Pos Token, LinearReb/LowComp, Hydraulic Bottom Out, 320lb Theshold, Standard Standard - C1). This configuration may be easier to find available and, with the addition of two positive volume reducers, will have a similar tune to the custom shock. Spare volume reducers are part number 11.4118.051.005 (REAR SHOCK VOLUME REDUCER KIT - (3 POSITIVE TOKENS) - SUPER DELUXE THRUSHAFT C1 (2021)/SUPER DELUXE AIR C1 (2023+)/DELUXE AIR C1 (2023+)).

I'm planning to contact my local bike shop and see if they can get me the standard aftermarket version.
These seem to be in short but I'm hoping to get one soon.
I'll report back with my results once I get it installed and set up.

Now get out there and RIDE! :cool:

-Randy
I just received it (090), I am going to install it tomorrow to my Levo 2020. :)
I think there is 3 pos volume reducers and 1 neg volume reducer in box. I also bough that installation kit(bushing).
1683229992151.png

Last edited:

Henrik

Oct 25, 2022
Germany
Had some more runs on my SD Ultimate now (Levo Gen3) and my settings are now:

- 84 KG
- 1 Volume Spacer (have the SD with the HBO)
- 4 clicks rebound from closed
- LSC one click open from middle (2/5)
- HSC one click open from middle (2/5)

2020levocomp

May 4, 2023
U.S.
Hey Fraatti,
Congratulations on your new arrival!
I'm anxious to hear how it works out for you.
Can you please confirm that the extra positive volume reducers are INCLUDED in the box with the shock?
It would be one less thing to have to locate and purchase when I order mine.

I stopped at my local bike shop today.
At first search they said it would be at least a month for them to get it from their distributor.
They're going to keep looking and I'll give them a couple of days.
If they can't locate one, I'm going to go ahead and order it online.
I don't want to wait that long to get this mounted up.

Happy Trails!

fraatti

Jun 1, 2020
Finland
Had some more runs on my SD Ultimate now (Levo Gen3) and my settings are now:

- 84 KG
- 1 Volume Spacer (have the SD with the HBO)
- 4 clicks rebound from closed
- LSC one click open from middle (2/5)
- HSC one click open from middle (2/5)
Have you tried it with more or less volume spacers? I have not yet decide should I try first with one or two.

Henrik

Oct 25, 2022
Germany
Nope. I did not. Maybe I could run 2 Spacers but with the HBO I did not bottom out much.
Here is my last tour with that setting. We did not jump much, but I do jumps from 4-8 meters too, without harsh bottom outs.

2020levocomp

May 4, 2023
U.S.
These things are very tough to find stateside.
My local bike shop is telling me 1-2 months to get one.
I've searched online and think I may have found the only one available in the US.
I ordered this today:

Rockshox Super Deluxe Ultimate RC2T Rear Shock
(210X52.5) Linear Air, 0 Neg/1 Pos Token, LinearReb/LowComp,320lb Theshold, Standard Standard - C1

It's coming from the west coast so it should be here in about a week.
I'm pretty psyched for it.

I also have an update from SRAM support to share with you guys.

Adding volume reducers alters the rate that the shock ramps up air pressure. The kinematics of some frames require a higher ramp-up rate (progressive curve), while other frames work well with a consistent curve (linear). Specialized frames generally require a more progressive shock tune in order to avoid harsh bottom-outs. Another benefit of additional volume reducers is that you can generally run lower pressure. However, this is a balancing act, as reducing the pressure too far can leave the shock feeling undersupported.

I recommend starting with the shock in the stock configuration and doing a test ride. From there, you can determine if adjustments need to be made to better suit your terrain. I attached our Suspension Setup and Tuning Guide below. You can learn more about volume reducers on page 45.

https://www.sram.com/globalassets/d...suspension-setup-and-tuning-guide-english.pdf

I can't wait to get this mounted up and dialed in.

Happy trails!
-Randy

fraatti

Jun 1, 2020
Finland
I also have an update from SRAM support to share with you guys.

Adding volume reducers alters the rate that the shock ramps up air pressure. The kinematics of some frames require a higher ramp-up rate (progressive curve), while other frames work well with a consistent curve (linear). Specialized frames generally require a more progressive shock tune in order to avoid harsh bottom-outs. Another benefit of additional volume reducers is that you can generally run lower pressure. However, this is a balancing act, as reducing the pressure too far can leave the shock feeling undersupported.

I recommend starting with the shock in the stock configuration and doing a test ride. From there, you can determine if adjustments need to be made to better suit your terrain. I attached our Suspension Setup and Tuning Guide below. You can learn more about volume reducers on page 45.

https://www.sram.com/globalassets/d...suspension-setup-and-tuning-guide-english.pdf
Whahoo, such a big difference to old shock. That was so crappy even with megneg. Surface feels now so much smoother and you will feel much safer because rear wheel is following the surface so well. Much easier to drive faster.
Installation kit which SRAM customer support suggest is wrong. Inside diameter of the original bush is 6mm and in istallation kit diameter is 8mm. I had to use bush from old shock.
1683323700399.png

You have also remove lower bush from lower side of shock. That can be done with piece of pipe, socket with outside diameter 14,5mm and vise.
I also managed to fit water bottle.
1683324150024.png

There was already one bottomless token. I put two more and my friend put one more to his shock. We put suggested pressures from trailhead which were pretty close. After trail ride my shock had around 10mm left in stroke and bike with to tokens had few millimeters.... I think there is reason why shock with Levo tune has 3 tokens....
1683324445662.png

2020levocomp

May 4, 2023
U.S.
Thank you for that excellent feedback!
That will be very helpful when I get my new shock.
I'm only about 170 pounds when I'm all geared up for riding and at 62, I don't do big jumps and drops.
I'm going to run it the way it comes when I get it to get a feel for that and then adjust as necessary.

Can't wait for it be here!

Happy trails!
-Randy

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
I've got one of these new super deluxe ultimate rc2t shocks on my trek fuel exe,it's a bit under whelming to be honest, I mean it works fine,but it's not earth shatteringly good, it doesn't actually seem a whole load better than the really basic rockshox deluxe select+ that the bike came with.

I've got the linear and progressive air cans for it, currently using the progressive can with one negative volume spacer and no positive spacers

My old float X2 is miles better imo

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
Thanks for your feedback!
In what way was the X2 better?
The X2 is just smoother all round,it takes the harsh edge off the bumps much more effectively.

The x2 feels like a hover craft, the super deluxe ultimate feel coarse,like the basic deluxe select+ that came with the bike.

The lockout on the super deluxe ultimate is very effective though,I'll give it that.

Last edited:

fraatti

Jun 1, 2020
Finland
I've got one of these new super deluxe ultimate rc2t shocks on my trek fuel exe,it's a bit under whelming to be honest, I mean it works fine,but it's not earth shatteringly good, it doesn't actually seem a whole load better than the really basic rockshox deluxe select+ that the bike came with.

I've got the linear and progressive air cans for it, currently using the progressive can with one negative volume spacer and no positive spacers

My old float X2 is miles better imo
I had previously select+, I added megneg to that and it was little bit better with that. My friend has exactly same setup and he change his shock also. He had same opinion like me, that new super deluxe is way better than old one. Most important thing is that we are satisfied and that is fulfilled now.

We have ride just these two shocks. It can be true that there is some better shocks available also and we just don't know anything about these.

Fox X2 was out of question, I have read that it is matter of time when it starts to leak and I didn't wan't to take that risk.

2020levocomp

May 4, 2023
U.S.
Thanks Fraatti!
I saw good performance with the X2 also and I considered it.
When I did my research, I also saw some pretty disappointing reliability issues.
The reasons I chose the Super Deluxe Ultimate were:
-I have the Lyrik ultimate and really like it. No comparison to the original Lyrik On my bike
-ease of setup
-i can service it myself with no special tools required
-SRAM support has been amazingly responsive and helpful

From everything I've read, a perfectly setup X2 is probably a little more plush than than the SDU but it still has to be a big upgrade from my Deluxe Select+.
I'm still psyched to get it mounted up and dialed in and I'll report back when I do.

-Randy

Dave_B

Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
I haven’t been using all the travel, so I opened up the shock and there was only one very thin spacer in it. I have removed it to see if I can now achieve all the travel. I’ve been running with HSC fully open and LSC in the middle.

IMG_4058.jpeg

Henrik

Oct 25, 2022
Germany
So, did my final settings yesterday.
Could hit some nice trails.

84Kg weight / one Token / HBO / 25% sag
Rebound 4 clicks from closed
LSC middle
HSC one click open from middle (2/5)

2020levocomp

May 4, 2023
U.S.
I finally received my new shock and installed it.
I've put about 50 miles on it in everything from smooth and swoopy to technical roots, rocks and small drops.
It's a great upgrade from my previous Deluxe Select + in every way and I'm thrilled with the way the bike rides now!
I'm currently running it at the Trailhead Recommended settings for a 175 pound (79 Kg) rider.
79Kg weight / Zero Negative, One Positive Token / 226 psi which gives me about 25% sag / No HBO
Rebound 9 clicks from closed
LSC middle
HSC middle

I'm hoping to have some time this week to do some more fine tuning with it but even at the recommended settings it's a great improvement!

Please let me know if you have any questions and thanks for all the helpful feedback!

Happy Trails!

-Randy

Dave_B

Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
I’m still not getting all the travel from the shock (or my fork).

I think I’ve gone the wrong way by removing all the tokens. I’m going to add a few to the shock and the fork and reduce the pressure slightly.

Apparently, adding tokens is the key to getting full travel and still retaining adjustability on the compression tune.

Lol. Lesson learnt I think…..

Dave_B

Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
How do you get into the negative chamber on the shock?

Henrik

Oct 25, 2022
Germany
What do you mean by not using "full travel"? How many millimeters are left? The new shock has a bigger "Bottom-Out-Bumper" inside. That's not the HBO. 2-3mm will be ok I guess.

Dave_B

Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
A good 10mm on the shock and about 15 to 20mm on the fork

Last edited:

2020levocomp

May 4, 2023
U.S.
Good Morning! (at least it is here in New Hampshire!),
Is that remaining travel in your rear shock due to HBO?
I believe you should always have a little travel left unless you've had some really big hits during your ride.
This video makes some very good points and does a good job of explaining that:

For what it's worth, in my correspondence with Tyler at SRAM, he made the following recommendation:

https://www.sram.com/globalassets/document-hierarchy/tuning-manuals/suspension-setup-and-tuning-guide-english.pdf

Here is the information he provided for the Specialized spec shock as well as the aftermarket one currently available:

I hope that helps get your shock tuned the way you like it!

I'm loving mine so far but I don't really do big drops so I think I need less Positive Tokens. I still have more experimentation and tuning to do so time will tell if that's an accurate statement.

Good luck!

-Randy

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles