• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Rockshox spares in the UK

brizi2003

Nov 20, 2018
Whickham, Newcastle upon Tyne
I'm having difficulty obtaining Rockshox spares in the UK. Most bike shops I've visited locally just said they can't get them and one said that Zyrofisher (UK distributor) are going to even stop supplying service kits as they want to encourage dealers to send forks/shocks to their SRAM Tech Centre (https://zyrofisher.co.uk/we-do/sram-tech/). The parts I'm after are for one of the latest model forks and I normally do all my own servicing so this is going to be a major problem if true. The part I'm after right now is a bulk pack of flanged crush washers (part no. 11.4018.127.000) Can anyone confirm/deny what my local shop said? Or maybe let me know a UK dealer that can supply the parts I need? I feel like I've made quite an investment in Rockshox components over the years and it would be very dissappointing to have to send my forks/shocks for very expensive servicing that I can do comparitively cheaply myself - if I could get the parts!!

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
I'm having difficulty obtaining Rockshox spares in the UK. Most bike shops I've visited locally just said they can't get them and one said that Zyrofisher (UK distributor) are going to even stop supplying service kits as they want to encourage dealers to send forks/shocks to their SRAM Tech Centre (https://zyrofisher.co.uk/we-do/sram-tech/). The parts I'm after are for one of the latest model forks and I normally do all my own servicing so this is going to be a major problem if true. The part I'm after right now is a bulk pack of flanged crush washers (part no. 11.4018.127.000) Can anyone confirm/deny what my local shop said? Or maybe let me know a UK dealer that can supply the parts I need? I feel like I've made quite an investment in Rockshox components over the years and it would be very dissappointing to have to send my forks/shocks for very expensive servicing that I can do comparitively cheaply myself - if I could get the parts!!

Give J Tech suspension a call. They’re really helpful and stock all sorts of spares for most brands

brizi2003

Nov 20, 2018
Right here if you can stomach the £20 delivery.

That's not the correct part. I already have some of those. The Lyrik fork uses a flanged plastic washer with integrated crush washer.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I Googled the part no and I found several suppliers of the 8mm crush washers in the 50 pack, all for about $27 + shipping, but none in the UK. 50 washers would do a lot of servicing, maybe it would be worth paying the shipping?

The only UK supplier that I saw was this one that supplies 2 x 8mm and 2 x 12 mm in the same pack for £5.

Crush Washer Pack

Maybe if you called them, they might be able to do something for you?

brizi2003

Nov 20, 2018
I Googled the part no and I found several suppliers of the 8mm crush washers in the 50 pack, all for about $27 + shipping, but none in the UK. 50 washers would do a lot of servicing, maybe it would be worth paying the shipping?

The only UK supplier that I saw was this one that supplies 2 x 8mm and 2 x 12 mm in the same pack for £5.

Crush Washer Pack

Maybe if you called them, they might be able to do something for you?
Hi Steve, I already found those too but there are no foreign suppliers with the correct part either. Frankly, I'm shocked that many of my local bike shops are stocking show rooms full of bikes fitted with Rockshox suspension yet they openly admit that they can't obtain spares. I did try TF Tuned but they don't sell those items to the public - probably because they can charge more than £100 for a fork service. My other forks use the type of washers you've managed to find via google and I've got bulk packs of those (£10 per 50-pack) and foam rings too(£10 per 20-pack). This makes it very cheap to do a lower leg service every 50hrs/500 miles which keeps my forks working and in good clean condition without having to purchase the expensive lower leg service kits that also include the fork seals. I then do a full service every 200hrs/2000 miles. I'll keep looking for a reliable UK supplier. Cheers Brian

brizi2003

Nov 20, 2018
Try J-Tech or TF Tuned, one of them should have what you need.
I haven't had a chance to contact J-Tech yet but TF Tuned said they didn't supply bulk washer kits to the public (Can't say I'm surprised given it's in their interest to sell servicing). I've finally found a local shop that said they can supply Rockshox parts but they need to check availability with Zyrofisher first. I have also logged a support call with SRAM Customer Support who have not been able to identify a UK supplier but have said they are available from USA-based World Wide Cyclery - not exactly ideal or cost effective!

kbass24emtp

Dec 27, 2019
St. Louis
That's not the correct part. I already have some of those. The Lyrik fork uses a flanged plastic washer with integrated crush washer.
I’m in the states and even over across the pond you can’t find that flange washer in bulk only in a rebuild kit. That 8mm washer is sold in bulk here too and that is what I use with no problems. Hope this helps.
Cheers

brizi2003

Nov 20, 2018
I’m in the states and even over across the pond you can’t find that flange washer in bulk only in a rebuild kit. That 8mm washer is sold in bulk here too and that is what I use with no problems. Hope this helps.
Cheers
Sram have told me that the flanged crush washer can be reused and should seal until it's replaced at the 200hr service. If it doesn't I'll use the standard crush washers as you suggested - thanks👍

E-MAD MALC

Subscriber
Nov 16, 2021
EAST SUSSEX
Sram have told me that the flanged crush washer can be reused and should seal until it's replaced at the 200hr service. If it doesn't I'll use the standard crush washers as you suggested - thanks👍
I get all my stuff From Bikeinn
Never let me down yet
Here's a link to the crush washers

j.bro

Dec 11, 2023
UK
Hopefully it’s ok to bump this thread?

Did you find a solution to the crush washers?

Someone posted the part number in a Rockshox instagram post after I asked why they didn’t sell them in bulk, as I’ve had no luck finding them. Searching the part number led me here.

I ended up ordering from USA yesterday. Excessive cost ordering to the UK at £50-60 with shipping. I’m not even sure where 11.4018.127.000 is listed, I can’t find it anywhere in the last few SRAM catalogues.

I didn’t even bother contacting a local shop, as I’m already waiting on the newly updated Ultimate Bleed Valves and a Motion Control Damper. Both of which are 12-16 week order time from my LBS. Too long to wait.

Last edited:

E-MAD MALC

Subscriber
Nov 16, 2021
EAST SUSSEX
Hopefully it’s ok to bump this thread?

Did you find a solution to the crush washers?

Someone posted the part number in a Rockshox instagram post after I asked why they didn’t sell them in bulk, as I’ve had no luck finding them. Searching the part number led me here.

I ended up ordering from USA yesterday. Excessive cost ordering to the UK at £50-60 with shipping. I’m not even sure where 11.4018.127.000 is listed, I can’t find it anywhere in the last few SRAM catalogues.

I didn’t even bother contacting a local shop, as I’m already waiting on the newly updated Ultimate Bleed Valves and a Motion Control Damper. Both of which are 12-16 week order time from my LBS. Too long to wait.
Post #12
Tradeinn.com
£12.98 with postage to UK

j.bro

Dec 11, 2023
UK
Post #12
Tradeinn.com
£12.98 with postage to UK
They aren’t the same thing. I have seen using the standard crush washers can leak.

IMG_3195.jpeg

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Mentioned this to my suspension guy the other day. His view is you don't need to change them, the sealing comes from the damper & air shaft rods pushed into the lower legs & that their actual purpose is to stop contact between the bolt & the lower leg base. Do what Bones says & wrap a bit of PTFE around if it still bothers you.

E-MAD MALC

Subscriber
Nov 16, 2021
EAST SUSSEX
Mentioned this to my suspension guy the other day. His view is you don't need to change them, the sealing comes from the damper & air shaft rods pushed into the lower legs & that their actual purpose is to stop contact between the bolt & the lower leg base. Do what Bones says & wrap a bit of PTFE around if it still bothers you.
Cheap fix I suppose if it work on air compressors it must be 👍

Swissrider

Nov 1, 2018
Switzerland
The picture is the crush washer for the right (damper) side, which seems impossible to order. The crush washer for the spring side is just a simple 8mm plastic washer and these are easy to order in bulk. I’ve also used a copper washer which is standard on motorbikes for anyway when an oil seal is needed. I’ve posted elsewhere how incredibly helpful I have found SRAM support. After making a mistake in the part number for a service kit, I was sent on (for free) from Germany. Like others, I want to service my forks myself. In Switzerland it is a minimum of £200 to send them away. It’s also a hassle and one is without the bike for a while. I also wrote to Fox about doing a 50 hour service on a rear shock and got this reply “The 50-hour service is absolutely something many home and shop mechanics are capable of doing. I am sorry to hear your local shop was not equipt for this job. You could always call other shops in your area to see if they are able to service your shock.”
The fact is that no shop seems interested in doing any work on suspension, which seems odd as the 50 hour service is quite easy and quick. Moreover, this is a maintenance task which needs to be done quite often and so would give shops more work. I suspect a lot of folk ride for years without anything been done to their forks and don’t realise how performance is gradually falling off.

E-MAD MALC

Subscriber
Nov 16, 2021
EAST SUSSEX
The picture is the crush washer for the right (damper) side, which seems impossible to order. The crush washer for the spring side is just a simple 8mm plastic washer and these are easy to order in bulk. I’ve also used a copper washer which is standard on motorbikes for anyway when an oil seal is needed. I’ve posted elsewhere how incredibly helpful I have found SRAM support. After making a mistake in the part number for a service kit, I was sent on (for free) from Germany. Like others, I want to service my forks myself. In Switzerland it is a minimum of £200 to send them away. It’s also a hassle and one is without the bike for a while. I also wrote to Fox about doing a 50 hour service on a rear shock and got this reply “The 50-hour service is absolutely something many home and shop mechanics are capable of doing. I am sorry to hear your local shop was not equipt for this job. You could always call other shops in your area to see if they are able to service your shock.”
The fact is that no shop seems interested in doing any work on suspension, which seems odd as the 50 hour service is quite easy and quick. Moreover, this is a maintenance task which needs to be done quite often and so would give shops more work. I suspect a lot of folk ride for years without anything been done to their forks and don’t realise how performance is gradually falling off.
Southcoast Suspension
07789 882255

Southcoast Suspension - Google Search
This may help someone
The fella is a mile from me
He services the three popular brands of suspension

j.bro

Dec 11, 2023
UK
Yes I know they are fairly impossible to find as I was looking for them. I’ve now ordered a bulk bag of 50 arriving in the next few days, maybe Friday they will arrive.

I’ve got a bag of the standard ones already. But I’m not going to use them when I’ve read they leak on the damper side.

I agree with SRAM support being great, except for their choice to not sell these washers officially (maybe available just to service centres). Which is why I’m just about to swap out my XT8100 brakes for SRAM Code Stealths. Then I’ll get rid of the XT 12s drivetrain, Shimano has no support, only via distributors and they can’t give sufficient technical information when I’ve tried, or 2 weeks for a simple answer.

Planemo

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 12, 2021
Essex UK
I am fairly confident that a generic nylon stepped washer could be obtained quite easily from a decent online hardware supplier. This isn't a critical part, it's just to prevent, at the most, a very low pressure oil leak. I'm happy to look for one if someone can provide all the dimensions.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles