Levo Gen 2 RockShox Lyrik Ultimate ???

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Have you read the New Lyrik's owners manual?

Someone kindly turned into a handy animated user video guide

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
On my Lyrik Ultimates 2020 the wiper seals have dark grey color and I don't really like this seals (in comparision with black ones on my previous fork Lyrik Select) as they tend to have a little chamfered wiper edge which creates a little gap between wiper edge and stanchions so cleaning the dust out with only a clothe is impossible. I'm starting to wondering do my Lyriks even have SKF ultra-low friction wiper seals (as stated in Lyrik Ultimate product description) if they are in such dark grey color? Because if I look at replacement SKF wiper seals I see they only come in green color: Purebike

Last edited:

Davey S

Apr 9, 2019
Scotland
I have been using the 2020 lyrics ultimate rc2 at 170mm since they came out and love them. I have tried the 150, 160,170 and 180mm air springs and the 170 is the best for me. Flip chip on low gives a 64deg head angle and the flip chip on high gives around 65. With the flip chip on high at 170mm it is basically the same as the 160mm on low but a slightly higher bottom bracket. I ride in Scotland hitting jumps and downhill with the chip on low. And general trail riding I use the high setting. Makes a big difference to how the bike handles and climbs. I am also quicker down many hard sections than my mate on his kenevo. I also used a shockwiz recently and apparently its telling me both front and rear are set up nearly perfect. Can't say how much I love the way the bike rides.

Kentrider

Jun 30, 2019
Kent
I’ve just bitten the bullet and ordered a 160mm lyrik ultimate in black standard 51mm offset to change our from the standard revelation fork that doesn’t seem to work... just out of curiosity what is the advantage or disadvantage of the 42mm offset?

Davey S

Apr 9, 2019
Scotland
I’ve just bitten the bullet and ordered a 160mm lyrik ultimate in black standard 51mm offset to change our from the standard revelation fork that doesn’t seem to work... just out of curiosity what is the advantage or disadvantage of the 42mm offset?
It is in very simple terms to shorten or lengthen the wheel base to the best of my knowledge. I stand corrected if this is incorrect.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
It's not as simple as "what's the advantage" really. it's a choice of increased stability Vs steering response between the two.
Bottom line is you'll be absolutely fine with either offset.

It's fashionable to worry about it. But try not to. Most of the folk who now spout pish on forums about fork offset had never even considered it's effect until a couple of years back when they read about it through mtb media.

nobbyq

Feb 17, 2019
jersey
i got 42 and 51 mm , the 42 has a sharper feel to steering ,and more stable at speed , but a lot harder at low speed turns switchbacks etc , i was thinking about increasing the 42m to 160mm travel hoping it would put the handling somewhere in between but not sure it would !

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
i got 42 and 51 mm , the 42 has a sharper feel to steering ,and more stable at speed , but a lot harder at low speed turns switchbacks etc , i was thinking about increasing the 42m to 160mm travel hoping it would put the handling somewhere in between but not sure it would !
on different bikes I assume?

Paulo2020

May 3, 2020
Portugal
I’ve put a 2019 180mm rc2 lyrik on my 2018 Levo and it rides sweet. I’m an aggressive rider and weigh just shy of 100kg kitted up. I’ve got 2 tokens installed. The handling is sharp and responsive and overall I’m really really impressed with them ??
wat type of coil you have?

beerglass

Jan 18, 2020
Bristol
Just upgrade from select forks to ultimates 2021 on my Levo Comp 2020

Done the rebound and psi what is the best settings for HSC and LSC on first ride ?

beerglass

Jan 18, 2020
Bristol
rode the bike today with 2 tokens and 90 PSI

Weight 77KG

A few times hit the fork limit and blew all the travel

Anyone got any ideas

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles