Levo Gen 2 Rockshox Lyrik Ultimate on Levo settings

beerglass

Jan 18, 2020
Bristol
Just changed my Lyrik selects RC for a new 2021 Rockshox Lyrik Ultimate 160mm

Setup the PSI and rebound using the trail head app. What is the best starting pointing for the HSC and LSC settings on a Levo comp 2020

Thanks

bguevarra064

Aug 11, 2020
Los Angeles
I've got the same fork on my Levo SL. 160mm travel. 3-4 clicks in from full open on the LSC and full open on the HSC. Rebound is about middle or maybe one or two clicks towards fast from middle. 2 tokens. 27% sag.

Only had one ride on it so far, but it feels awesome already. Hope it helps.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Very similar. I set sag at 30% because the ramp up is excellent and I rarely bottom out. Lsc 9 stops from open, rebound 7 from fast. HSC I leave open and add 2 or 3 from open for rides with decent jumps or bigger drops.

Ferd

Nov 30, 2020
CA
Just changed my Lyrik selects RC for a new 2021 Rockshox Lyrik Ultimate 160mm

Setup the PSI and rebound using the trail head app. What is the best starting pointing for the HSC and LSC settings on a Levo comp 2020

Thanks
Depends on your weight and your ability/riding style. I’m 150 pounds and have found that wide open seems best. Maybe one click in from full out on the HSC
Ran it that way on my normal 31 pound pedal bike too. Only diff was more pressure when installed on the electric pig

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Depends on your weight and your ability/riding style. I’m 150 pounds and have found that wide open seems best. Maybe one click in from full out on the HSC
Ran it that way on my normal 31 pound pedal bike too. Only diff was more pressure when installed on the electric pig
I changed from the Rev fork to the Lyric Ultimate on my 2019 Levo Comp in June. This was my post on the result. ps I weight 78kg

I set up the fork just riding over some kerbs and small grass verge ramps. I started off with 100psi which I know is too much and kept an allen key in my pocket, gradually reducing pressure until the fork felt about right, albeit super plush, then checked what pressure was left and what sag that gave. That was 30%. I carried on the test routine with very small increases in pressure until I could feel I was loosing small bump sensitivity. Overall I settled on a pressure that gave me c 25% sag. I then dialled in some rebound, left HSC open and set LSC at 8 clicks in. Then I did a 13 mile XC type ride. Mostly single track but no drops or jumps. I measured a bout 65% travel was used in that ride. Performance was amazing. Lots of soft bumb sensitivity and good mid stroke. The fork has 2 tokens but I was yet to see whether the fork would ramp up enough not to bottom out on a more demanding ride. Even so I left the fork at that pressure and today did one of my more normal forest rides that includes some good gravity runs with berms drops, roots, pot holes, ramps.....essentially all the bike would normally have to tackle.

Wow! This fork inspires so much confidence and just eats up every challenge. I probably pushed too hard on occasions and the fork definitely rescued my from a couple of offs! I had been considering buying another bike, keeping the Levo but getting something with a little more gnarly downhill capability. I now feel there is no need. The main limiting factor of the Levo prior to this upgrade was the fork. Pushing this fork to the limit of my skill level today the ramp up/end stroke stayed at about a max of 95% with one run pushing it to full travel (which was one of my near misses and if the fork had not been prepared to absorb the bank I hit I would have been OTBs). I have yet to try setting 2 and 3 on the HSC so I guess either that or a another 5psi would be needed for bike park type jumps. I will have to experiment.
In summary, this was an expensive upgrade but one I would thoroughly recommend if your bike has the Revelation fork. The difference is chalk and cheese!

apac

Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
I changed from the Rev fork to the Lyric Ultimate on my 2019 Levo Comp in June. This was my post on the result. ps I weight 78kg

I set up the fork just riding over some kerbs and small grass verge ramps. I started off with 100psi which I know is too much and kept an allen key in my pocket, gradually reducing pressure until the fork felt about right, albeit super plush, then checked what pressure was left and what sag that gave. That was 30%. I carried on the test routine with very small increases in pressure until I could feel I was loosing small bump sensitivity. Overall I settled on a pressure that gave me c 25% sag. I then dialled in some rebound, left HSC open and set LSC at 8 clicks in. Then I did a 13 mile XC type ride. Mostly single track but no drops or jumps. I measured a bout 65% travel was used in that ride. Performance was amazing. Lots of soft bumb sensitivity and good mid stroke. The fork has 2 tokens but I was yet to see whether the fork would ramp up enough not to bottom out on a more demanding ride. Even so I left the fork at that pressure and today did one of my more normal forest rides that includes some good gravity runs with berms drops, roots, pot holes, ramps.....essentially all the bike would normally have to tackle.

Wow! This fork inspires so much confidence and just eats up every challenge. I probably pushed too hard on occasions and the fork definitely rescued my from a couple of offs! I had been considering buying another bike, keeping the Levo but getting something with a little more gnarly downhill capability. I now feel there is no need. The main limiting factor of the Levo prior to this upgrade was the fork. Pushing this fork to the limit of my skill level today the ramp up/end stroke stayed at about a max of 95% with one run pushing it to full travel (which was one of my near misses and if the fork had not been prepared to absorb the bank I hit I would have been OTBs). I have yet to try setting 2 and 3 on the HSC so I guess either that or a another 5psi would be needed for bike park type jumps. I will have to experiment.
In summary, this was an expensive upgrade but one I would thoroughly recommend if your bike has the Revelation fork. The difference is chalk and cheese!
I've been experimenting too with some new 2020 lyriks. I weigh approx 86kg.
Try taking out all the tokens and then running 10 to 15 more psi more Than recommended by sram.Maybe one or 2 clicks of HSC if needed.
I am currently at 105psi, 5 clicks of LSC, 1 or two clicks of HSC. The fork is MUCH better without tokens.

Last edited:

Ferd

Nov 30, 2020
CA
Try taking out all the tokens and then running 10 to 15 more psi Than recommended by sram.Maybe one or 2 clicks of HSC if needed.
I am currently at 105psi, 5 clicks of LSC, 1 or two clicks of HSC. The fork is MUCH better without tokens.
I’m all for experimenting and would totally agree with testing.. with one small caveat.. I’m only 147 pounds and run mine at 170mm on my pedal bike and 160mm on my Levo SL. Be careful without the tokens. I can speak from experience... they make a real difference. The fork can go from feeling great to spraining your wrists with harsh “Clank!” at bottom-out without much in the way of warning.

rodomotion

Sep 3, 2019
Chile
Try taking out all the tokens and then running 10 to 15 more psi more Than recommended by sram.Maybe one or 2 clicks of HSC if needed.
same weight, 160mm one token, 90 psi, rebound 8 clicks back from the slowest position, LSC 4 clicks from full open, HSC full open.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles