Rob, what camera and mount do you use?

Krisj

Patreon
May 1, 2018
Sheffield
If the GoPro lives up to the promo video there should be some sick footage been put out on YouTube
Just bought a wg2 gimbal 2 weeks ago ?
Can’t wait to see your new footage using the hero 7 Rob

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I know a couple of motorbike guys who have this chin mount, and swear buy it - however i don't think it will work on a helmet like the Fox Proframe for example as the massive vents on the chin bar would make it had to attach. One of the main reasons they like it is it can come off in a crash.

proshotcam

3448ad_27e376fa7b724c28878339e5efbf353e.jpg

Krisj

Patreon
May 1, 2018
Sheffield
Great footage super smooth I’m well impressed with my hero 7
Is that the new Levo your on rob ?
Because it sounds like a Bosch motor.

Jrwilliams7

Sep 15, 2018
California
Honest question. I have 2 GoPros and they sit around collecting dust. I did a few videos when I demoed the levo and got my kenevo. Just for personal review. Now I see no reason to video my rides. No one I know cares to watch me ride a bike, do jumps or other trick crap. But what reasons out side of what Rob does do you all video your rides?

Stumpy

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
Honest question. I have 2 GoPros and they sit around collecting dust. I did a few videos when I demoed the levo and got my kenevo. Just for personal review. Now I see no reason to video my rides. No one I know cares to watch me ride a bike, do jumps or other trick crap. But what reasons out side of what Rob does do you all video your rides?

Honest answer: I like to watch my crashes back (and I have a few) to try and understand what I did wrong in an attempt not to do it again, or at least learn from it.

Also, I enjoy making the short 60sec GoPro videos that capture the best bits of the ride (or rides) into an 'action packed' short video - like photos, it's good memories of good times!

Clansey

Aug 13, 2018
Liverpool
When going to places I haven't been before I like to check videos and see what's there. Most of the footage on YouTube tends to be awful quality so when I go I normally put together a small video of my ride so that others have watchable videos.

Also my friends that ride with me like to watch back the vids. Along with the other responses here. Crashes are always fun, editing the videos gives me a bit of experience on the software and can feel rewarding.

Krisj

Patreon
May 1, 2018
Sheffield
I’m pretty much the same as stumpy
Great memories to watch back and good to laugh at.
I also use it to spot new faster lines because when I’m riding I’m in bullet mode most of the time.
I like to chill at home and analyse my ride , great for checking your technique out too if someone is filming you.
It always comes on our holidays , dog walks , parties and much more.
Plus we all want to be a secret GoPro hero in our own movies ?

Jrwilliams7

Sep 15, 2018
California
I’m pretty much the same as stumpy
Great memories to watch back and good to laugh at.
I also use it to spot new faster lines because when I’m riding I’m in bullet mode most of the time.
I like to chill at home and analyse my ride , great for checking your technique out too if someone is filming you.
It always comes on our holidays , dog walks , parties and much more.
Plus we all want to be a secret GoPro hero in our own movies ?
Thanks any of you use drones with follow option. Now that would be cool.

Clansey

Aug 13, 2018
Liverpool
Great vid Rob, cheers!

What settings do you use? 4k 60fps? Only your videos don't look like the wide setting? Or is that just an effect of the cropping due to the stabilisation?
It may possibly have something to do with changing from chest to helmet with the new GoPro? But yeah the stabilisation does crop

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Great vid Rob, cheers!

What settings do you use? 4k 60fps? Only your videos don't look like the wide setting? Or is that just an effect of the cropping due to the stabilisation?
4K 30p Superview.

Definitely crops in to get the stabilisation but I think it’s worth it. So much less hassle now setting up. And it gives an immersive POV view.

Stumpy

Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
4K 30p Superview.

Definitely crops in to get the stabilisation but I think it’s worth it. So much less hassle now setting up. And it gives an immersive POV view.

Agreed, I don’t like the wide view for my rides. I’m out with my 7 tomorrow so will give those settings a go - thanks ??

Stumpy

Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
Sorry - I just skimmed the video to see how wide the shot was. I’m planning to watch it when the kids go to bed ?

Yes, GoPro ‘dead cat’ on its way ??

5E2AE85D-FBE6-4051-B101-0AA67C7FBF95.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles