RISE What profile do you use and power settings

chrismechmaster

Subscriber
Dec 7, 2020
Newbury
Evening all

just wondered what profile people use and if you have adjust the power levels what are you all running ????

I run profile 2
Standard settings
But I am going to up the eco a bit as I find if I had a bit more I probably wouldn’t use trail much
Never use boost

Bigtuna00

Nov 27, 2019
CA
Profile 2 Boost only. Go Big or Go Home! :)

I kid...a little. If the ride is short enough, I'll do Boost only. I did a 24 mile ride a couple days ago, 47% Boost, 30% Trail, 23% Eco. However that's "assist mode vs time", not distance so it's exaggerated a bit because I was on 2% battery in Eco for a good chunk at the end of the ride.

I'm thinking of tweaking Boost to be similar to my Levo, where I have max assist but acceleration turned all the way down. This way it rewards my effort without being too "punchy" and it appears to save battery.

mark.ai

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jul 10, 2018
Windermere
I've been using profile 2 - I upped the assist on eco and trail by 1, but I found trail too powerful and close to boost, and that eco was using battery faster than I wanted. (70km with a lot on eco was nearly running out).

So I put them back to default again. Then I went for a 30km ride (road) mostly on eco and only used 20% battery ...

kragu

Mar 23, 2021
Los Angeles
Stock Profile 1, Eco and Trail only on climbs. Boost on descents.

I haven’t even put the bike in Profile 2. Perhaps if I were to race it, but I don’t have much use for it at the moment. Mostly interested in getting max range for more descents.

BobR

Apr 14, 2021
Florida
Profile 2 stock for now but listening to the reasons for tweaking and I might move eco up a little... this is my first ebike and for some reason I think I need to save the battery... in time I might get over that. Running w/other FF will probably get me over that.

Steve G H

Nov 22, 2020
Sleaford
Profile 2 , eco 24nm , trail 42nm and boost full everything is my normal setting. Rarely need boost but if I do I want all its got .
Last ride I tried trail set at 60nm to see if it used anymore battery , it's supposed to vary the power depending on your input . Surprisingly it barely affected the range of my local ride when I normally ride mostly in eco . Garmin display is pretty good because it shows the assistance level in any mode and I could see that on the flat it was in the eco zone , only upping the power when required .

b33k34

Apr 15, 2021
UK
Profile 2 , eco 24nm , trail 42nm and boost full everything is my normal setting. Rarely need boost but if I do I want all its got .
Last ride I tried trail set at 60nm to see if it used anymore battery , it's supposed to vary the power depending on your input . Surprisingly it barely affected the range of my local ride when I normally ride mostly in eco . Garmin display is pretty good because it shows the assistance level in any mode and I could see that on the flat it was in the eco zone , only upping the power when required .
I've got a mate who has put. a *lot* of miles into Specialized e-bikes over the last few years (4.5k miles last year alone). On the Levo/Kenevo he reckons eco vs trail makes no real difference to the range for him. It probably depends how you ride but if you climb slower as a result (rather than putting in more effort to compensate) the motor is working hard for longer (even if at a lower torque).

Steve G H

Nov 22, 2020
Sleaford
Yes , good point , slow and steady versus quick and short is probably minimal difference . Going to try more rides in trail to see . I did see something somewhere about the percentage of effort you have to put in in trail mode to get maximum assistance is alot more than in boost .

fitlikemike

Jun 12, 2020
Aboyne
Evening all

just wondered what profile people use and if you have adjust the power levels what are you all running ????

I run profile 2
Standard settings
But I am going to up the eco a bit as I find if I had a bit more I probably wouldn’t use trail much
Never use boost
Profile 2 adjusted
Eco 29 Nm Trail 44Nm Boost n/a (never use it)
Range 65Km Elevation 1000m
So good this bike, I ride it until I feel the need for some assistance, on/off until there's nothing left and then keep riding it - you try that game with a Turbo Levo?
I used to and that's why it's been replaced.
Rise is an awesome mtb in eco

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles