Profile 1 and 2, have I got it all wrong ?

mak

🦷
Dec 27, 2019
uk
Loving my m10, I've been on bosch gen 4 for 3 years with no way of altering any form of power output, so an app to alter all parameters of the motor is both a novelty and a welcome useful tool .
My understanding of a profile is a blank page, either profile 1 or profile 2 can be set to be exactly what your preference is. Profile 1 could be set for more power than profile 2 or visa versa.
I don't feel the need to have 2 profiles but its a nice touch, i have just set up my profile one to what feels like an ideal . I have to confess this bike in eco mode ( I have it dialled down) is very strong, trail and turbo also feel more than enough.

Is there more power to be had from profile two or as above are they just blanks to be set as you would prefer ?

It appears to me on profile one it allows me to select 60nm .

Last edited:

BiGJZ74

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 17, 2021
American Canyon, CA
It's just 2 available settings that you can set as you wish. The idea is that you can set one for max power and one with less so that you can "work" more depending on how you want to ride

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
Correct, by default, profile 1 is a lower set of power outputs and assistance levels than profile 2. You can set them up whichever way you wish as you've discovered.

Like you, I tend to ride in Eco and get a great range on Profile 1 for only 360whr. My profile 2 is a bit more beefed up across all three modes, but I still tend to ride in Eco.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I don't have an M10, but I do have the Shimano EP8 motor with the two profiles.

I have set Profile 1 for my everyday requirements and I use Eco & Trail, and Boost occasionally. Profile 2 is set up very conservatively in the event that I am running low on battery and with miles still to go. In effect it's my "get me home" setting.

Bontee

Dec 6, 2020
warwickshire
Loving my m10, I've been on bosch gen 4 for 3 years with no way of altering any form of power output, so an app to alter all parameters of the motor is both a novelty and a welcome useful tool .
My understanding of a profile is a blank page, either profile 1 or profile 2 can be set to be exactly what your preference is. Profile 1 could be set for more power than profile 2 or visa versa.
I don't feel the need to have 2 profiles but its a nice touch, i have just set up my profile one to what feels like an ideal . I have to confess this bike in eco mode ( I have it dialled down) is very strong, trail and turbo also feel more than enough.

Is there more power to be had from profile two or as above are they just blanks to be set as you would prefer ?

It appears to me on profile one it allows me to select 60nm .
I agree with steve,my Ep8 profile 2 is set up not only to “get me home” but also to “make me work” I set profile 2 with 65nM in turbo ,and 27 nM in eco some times even lower,which means on flatter rides I get a good work out but still get a little help.I tend to ride in eco virtually all the time regardless of which profile I am using.Maybe when I get old and decrepit I will wind them up a bit .But Not yet.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles