Rise Up - What are your upgrades?

Richridesmtb

Jan 23, 2022
Australia
Finally got the little beast ready for winter.
Mods:
Cushcore pro rear and rimpact front.
HT supreme pedals
Shimano xt 160 cranks
Galfer 203 front rotor (used the galfer 180 to 200 adapter with washers but will change that to a proper 203 adapter)
Fox XL front mudguard
RRP rear guard

20220512_133223.jpg

chrismechmaster

Subscriber
Dec 7, 2020
Newbury
  • Tires: 2.4 Rekon rear, 2.6 Rekon Front. Also built up a second wheelset and purchased Forekasters for mud days
  • Range Extender - Ordered but canceling - won't need it
  • Front Brake Disc - Swapped out front for 203mm Shimano XT and rear for 180mm Shimano XT
  • Grips: Ergon GE1
  • Display : Added SC-EM800 display
  • Mode Switch : Updated to SW-EM800-L
  • Tubeless conversion : Done
  • Seatpost :I don't like droppers, so replaced it with a Next SL carbon post. Removed dropper lever/cable
  • Saddle : replaced with WTB Rocket V Team, medium width
  • Pedals : XTR PD-9120
  • Front Mudguard : Fox basic flexible mud guard initially. I've 3D printed a custom mudguard for the Fox 36 that I will be installing shortly
  • Other : Custom orange cable retainers
How do you find the 2.6 rekon for the front tyre is it much faster rolling than the dicestor

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
How do you find the 2.6 rekon for the front tyre is it much faster rolling than the dicestor

Rekon's roll pretty well. They do let loose under really hard cornering but "somewhat" predictably.

On my regular bike, I swapped the Rekon's for Forekasters earlier this spring for their wet weather performance. I ended up keeping them on because they worked so well. A couple PRs on technical downhills really surprised me.

chrismechmaster

Subscriber
Dec 7, 2020
Newbury
Rekon's roll pretty well. They do let loose under really hard cornering but "somewhat" predictably.

On my regular bike, I swapped the Rekon's for Forekasters earlier this spring for their wet weather performance. I ended up keeping them on because they worked so well. A couple PRs on technical downhills really surprised me.

cheers thanks
I am looking to make the bike roll a bit better and only use it in the dry and light trails / xc
I think in the uk the rekon is only available in thr 2.4 I think this would be ok tho

Shjay

Apr 30, 2019
Kent
My summer wheels 2.4 Bontrager XR4 upfront with Wolfpack cross on the rear, on the carbon rims with Big rotors 220 & 200 MDR-P on rear plus cassette weigh 4.1kg

chrismechmaster

Subscriber
Dec 7, 2020
Newbury
My summer wheels 2.4 Bontrager XR4 upfront with Wolfpack cross on the rear, on the carbon rims with Big rotors 220 & 200 MDR-P on rear plus cassette weigh 4.1kg

How do you find this set up on rolling resistance?
I have the standard dissector front rekon rear but have it in my head I need to make it faster rolling as I only use the bike for light trail and xc in dry conditions only
Not sure if I should give up and stick to what I have or try something lighter / faster

Shjay

Apr 30, 2019
Kent
How do you find this set up on rolling resistance?
I have the standard dissector front rekon rear but have it in my head I need to make it faster rolling as I only use the bike for light trail and xc in dry conditions only
Not sure if I should give up and stick to what I have or try something lighter / faster
The trails round me are dry & fast & set some pbs yesterday even though rear rotor was rubbing 😂 all sorted now it rolls very fast no drag like the Big Betty & MM I had on

chrismechmaster

Subscriber
Dec 7, 2020
Newbury
Found a couple of lighter xc / trail tyres in a 2.6 tho not 2.4 can anyone explain say the advantages to running slightly wider tyres or should I stick with 2.4

or does it not make much difference

thanks in advanced

BiGJZ74

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 17, 2021
American Canyon, CA
Rise H15 w/ Fox Factory 38 160mm/Factory DHX2 216x63.5 using 2 offset bushings which felt great descending and cornering but techy climbing suffered making it harder to keep the front wheel down. WWhen sing no bushings, the BB felt a touch tall but technical climbing was amazing, descending was composed but cornering felt less intuitive...gonna run it with none for a bit to really see if I can deal with the sacrifices in climbing performance. If not, I'll try it with one bushing next. I also still have a 9point8 Slack'r -1.2 degree angleset to try out

IMG_3445.jpg

Funks

Oct 8, 2021
Dublin, CA
I also still have a 9point8 Slack'r -1.2 degree angleset to try out

Please let us know how that works out. I have a Large Hydro so my HT length is 120mm so the lowest degree Slack-R angle headset I can get is the 1.4 degree.

The XL hydro has a 140mm HT length so the smallest available from Slack R is 1.3 Degrees (LIMA) - IS42.
The L hydro has a 120mm HT length so the smallest available from Slack R is 1.4 Degrees (JULIET) - IS42
The M hydro has a 105mm HT length so the smallest available from Slack R is 1.4 Degrees (BRAVO) - IS42
The S hydro has a 95mm HT length so the smallest available from Slack R is 1.5 Degrees (ALPHA) - IS42

What size rise you got and how did you get a 1.2 degree? 9point8 doesn't show one with 1.2 degrees for any of the hydro frames based on HT length.

Last edited:

BiGJZ74

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 17, 2021
American Canyon, CA
Please let us know how that works out. I have a Large Hydro so my HT length is 120mm so the lowest degree Slack-R angle headset I can get is the 1.4 degree.

The XL hydro has a 140mm HT length so the smallest available from Slack R is 1.3 Degrees (LIMA) - IS42.
The L hydro has a 120mm HT length so the smallest available from Slack R is 1.4 Degrees (JULIET) - IS42
The M hydro has a 105mm HT length so the smallest available from Slack R is 1.4 Degrees (BRAVO) - IS42
The S hydro has a 95mm HT length so the smallest available from Slack R is 1.5 Degrees (ALPHA) - IS42

What size rise you got and how did you get a 1.2 degree? 9point8 doesn't show one with 1.2 degrees for any of the hydro frames based on HT length.

30A69075-025A-4E2D-9E3A-9CB52A8D1B9E.jpeg

Funks

Oct 8, 2021
Dublin, CA

Interesting, maybe their website sucks (or decision table not updated to include the DELTA?)

If one puts in 120mm and selects 1.2 - nothing shows up. Only the Juliet (1.4), Golf (1.5) and the Mike (1.7) shows up. If you pick 120mm and 1.2 degrees explicitly, it says nothing found. Anyways, please post a full review once you get to ride it.

Looking forward to receiving mine as well, it should drop the HTA on mine from 66 -> 64.6 degrees and lengthen the wheel base slightly (by 18.1mm)

Screen Shot 2022-05-18 at 10.46.28 PM.png

Last edited:

E&NonEinCO

Aug 4, 2021
Colorado
Flo Motorsports "unbreakable" brake levers. Stock levers can only move towards the bar. These will also move away from the bar providing more movement instead of breaking. I broke an XT lever and found these available on ebay.

flo levers.PNG

Malicefox

Apr 21, 2022
USA
Def not as fancy as most of y'alls rises. but for my M20, i have done so far:

OneUp composite pedals
OneUp Carbon Bar
Ergon GA2 grips
SDG Chepi saddle
M6120 calipers
SM-RT70 203mm front rotor

Soon to come:

OneUp 180mm dropper
OneUp Remote
OneUp EDC tool
OneUp EDC Treaded top cap

what can i say, i love me some OneUp stuff.

JDA

Apr 7, 2021
Sydney, Australia
I just put a 40mm riser bar on my Rise M10.

Being a shorter guy 170cm (5'7") on a Medium frame I found the front end a little difficult to lift compared to my old bike and it has caught me out a few times. For example, say you are going off a small drop at lower speed and normally I would just kind of manual off the drop. Well with this bike I have had the front end come down too soon and ended up almost crashing several times. I don't know if its just the longer chainstay you get with a 29er or maybe its just a 29er thing, this is my first one. Anyway I hoped the riser bar would give me the extra reach I needed to get my weight further back in this situation and it has. Normally I prefer a lower front end for cornering but I haven't found the riser bar to be a problem here and it also feels really nice when dropping into steep technical sections of trail with the slightly higher front end.

PXL_20220531_054359967.jpg

BumblebeeTuna

Jun 16, 2022
Bay Area
What is everyone doing about the magnet for the rear 203mm rotor upgrade? I ordered a Galfer 203mm front rotor can't seem to find anything about a rear centerlock(I have an H15) rotor with a magnet on it.

Funks

Oct 8, 2021
Dublin, CA
What is everyone doing about the magnet for the rear 203mm rotor upgrade? I ordered a Galfer 203mm front rotor can't seem to find anything about a rear centerlock(I have an H15) rotor with a magnet on it.

I use JagWire LR2-E (#DCR093) - Center Lock, Magnet, 203mm - around 89$ USD. Available in stock pretty much in the US (unviersalcycles.com), and in EU as well (bike24.de)

BiGJZ74

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 17, 2021
American Canyon, CA

balticmoe

Mar 27, 2021
Northern Germany
Hello guys,

due to various inspirations, also from this thread, here is a picture of my Rise H30, size L.

What I have changed so far or moved from the predecessor:

Stem/handlebar: Newmen Evolution
Grips: Ergon GE1 Evo Factory Slim handlebar grips frozen stealth
Pedals: OneUp Composite
Saddle: SqLab 60X Ergowave
Fork: Manitou Mezzer on 160mm w/ Manitou Mudguard
Shock: Manitou Mara Pro 216x63 mm w/ one offset bushing

Rims/tires:
Newmen Evolution w/ Continenal Krypototal FR/RE in 29/27.5, the Baron on the picture has been changed after that tour.

Brakes:
Shimano MT410 Hydraulic Disc, 180mm Front /180mm Rear Disc - Here I risked an experiment, due to the unavailability of an XT but also out of curiosity: levers remained, but calipers and discs were changed to Magura MT5 and/or Galfer 203mm w/ Galfer Advanced and E-Bike pads.

Frame: RideWrap
Crank arms: Shimano XT 165mm

What I'm thinking about:

Handlebars: For more tidiness in the cockpit - the cable routing for the display still irritates me.

Dropper: OneUp Dropper 180mm / 210 mm - With 180 cm height and 81 cm inseam I have a seat height of 23 cm (seat tube to centre of saddle rails) and I'm not sure yet if the 210 mm really fits because it would have to be completely slammed into the frame...

Rear Mudguar: Still looking for a good deal here.

Have a nice weekend 🤟

DSC_0007.JPG

Erjabato

May 28, 2022
The great Spain
Cool!
What is your opinion on the "Shigura" brakes? Are they good? Is the Magura MT5 caliper requiring a banjo connection to the brake hose? I might go that route with mine replacing Shimano mt-br6100 calipers.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles