Riding your bike abroad?

Jun 8, 2019
Ronda, Spain
Howdie all. Whats the situation regarding riding your bikes abroad? Does anyone take their bikes to Spain or do you rely on renting bikes when your away or join an MTB holiday? Would anyone even consider driving to Spain to do an eMTB holiday.
I am asking because I am trying to find the best way to encourage more eMTBers to come ride in Southern Spain. My company is hikeandbikeholidays.com and I guide MTB rides here and would love to get more riders using electric mountain bikes. Its not easy to afford a good eMTB bike fleet :cautious::LOL:
eMTB el Burgo XC Grande4.jpg eMTB Montejaque Circular6.jpg DSC_3344.jpg DSC_3279.jpg

B1rdie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil
I have been to Spain on 2016 and 2019. First taking a bike from Brasil, a 26’ stumpjumper and on 2019 driving from Nantes with a spectralon trough the Pirenees. On both ocasions stayed in Barcelona.
To find a bike for rent in Barcelona was difficult. At the Fiscal area, near the French border it seems it is easyer to find rental, but I had my bike on so did not look for rentals.
I would like to travel to Spain every chance i could have and strongly recommend anyone to do it. Weather is fine, riding is plenty, people are friendly inclusive to ebikes and food is great and inexpensive.
While riding the Barcelona area on 2019 it was still a surprise for many of the locals to find that my bike was an ebike, guess by now it has become more usual now.
Wish you success on the business!

Jun 8, 2019
Ronda, Spain
I have been to Spain on 2016 and 2019. First taking a bike from Brasil, a 26’ stumpjumper and on 2019 driving from Nantes with a spectralon trough the Pirenees. On both ocasions stayed in Barcelona.
To find a bike for rent in Barcelona was difficult. At the Fiscal area, near the French border it seems it is easyer to find rental, but I had my bike on so did not look for rentals.
I would like to travel to Spain every chance i could have and strongly recommend anyone to do it. Weather is fine, riding is plenty, people are friendly inclusive to ebikes and food is great and inexpensive.
While riding the Barcelona area on 2019 it was still a surprise for many of the locals to find that my bike was an ebike, guess by now it has become more usual now.
Wish you success on the business!
E-bikes are being seen more and more regularly here in southerm Spain. Also toursits seem to be opting to use them more if they are available in the area. Our e-bikes are very popular. What I am trying to find out is how many mountain bikers will travel with their e-MTB's to do some serios riding in the South of Spain.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles