Levo SL Gen 1 Removing chainstay..

Krisvanlog

Sep 1, 2020
France
Hey guys, I have a rattling noise that seems to be coming from my chainstay. I think a little rock has got between the motor and chainstay and got inside the chainstay. I want to unbolt the chainstay and try get it out. Driving me nuts riding over cobblestone paths to work each morning.

This is my first full sus bike though and I've never had to remove a chainstay. Does anyone know, if I do unbolt it, will i get enough movement away from the frame to fish out a rock without removing brake lines and speed sensor cable?

I dont have a brake bleed kit or fluid and am far from a bike shop I would trust with my bike. I have a nice torque wrench kit so the removing and replacing of the chainstay should be fine, I just dont want to have to play with brakes.

paquo

Jul 31, 2018
usa
the brake cable you should be able to simply pull on to create enough slack, not sure about sensor cable. Is the chainstay really open to allow a rock in ?

Krisvanlog

Sep 1, 2020
France
the brake cable you should be able to simply pull on to create enough slack, not sure about sensor cable. Is the chainstay really open to allow a rock in ?

Ok sweet. The chainstay looks open from what I can see through the small gap. Specialized were pretty slack on the finishing touches with this bike. Gotta buy carbon to get a finished bike hahaha.

Krisvanlog

Sep 1, 2020
France
Just to confirm, rocks can get in there.. Managed to get it out by removing the horst link bolts. Juust enough length in speed sensor cable.

20210225_111635.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles