Chainstay pivot bolt- Kenevo

DC101

May 20, 2019
Kent
Hi

I'm in need of the chainstay pivot bolt that used to attach the chainstays to the frame. Anyone know if you can get this separate or does it come as a kit of all the rest triangle pivot bolts?

Thanks

Adam

Nov 20, 2018
Plymouth, UK
I may be wrong here, but I seem to remember seeing in a video one day, where someone said that the chain stay pivot bolt is the exact same bolt as they use for holding in the batteries on 2018 Levos and 2018/2019 kenevos. Purposefully designed like that to save them a little money on manufacturing extra parts. You might want to look into that route and maybe someone here can confirm if I'm correct or not.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Adam

Nov 20, 2018
Plymouth, UK
I hope it all works out, I've been racking my brain to try and remember what video it was in, it had someone talking to someone from Specialized in front of a bike and the Specialized guy mentioned that they'd re-used the existing bolt I think.

The only other thing I found was this but out of stock...
Specialized BLT MY18 Kenevo Bolt Kit | JE James Cycles

Bolts do look similar, but not sure I'd say they were identical though :unsure:

DC101

May 20, 2019
Kent
I hope it all works out, I've been racking my brain to try and remember what video it was in, it had someone talking to someone from Specialized in front of a bike and the Specialized guy mentioned that they'd re-used the existing bolt I think.

The only other thing I found was this but out of stock...
Specialized BLT MY18 Kenevo Bolt Kit | JE James Cycles

Bolts do look similar, but not sure I'd say they were identical though :unsure:
Unfortunately they are not the same. Pivot kit ordered and I'll return the battery mount bolt. Thanks anyway tho!

suxfevi

Jun 1, 2019
koblenz
Unfortunately they are not the same. Pivot kit ordered and I'll return the battery mount bolt. Thanks anyway tho!

Where did you order the pivot kit (bolt kit) for the Kenevo? I can't find it anywhere. I need one cause my main pivot snapped....

DC101

May 20, 2019
Kent
Where did you order the pivot kit (bolt kit) for the Kenevo? I can't find it anywhere. I need one cause my main pivot snapped....
Freeborn. I actually sent the kit back to them today as specialized sent me the bolt on warranty. Wait a couple of days and give them a call. Dan

suxfevi

Jun 1, 2019
koblenz
Freeborn. I actually sent the kit back to them today as specialized sent me the bolt on warranty. Wait a couple of days and give them a call. Dan

I'll try with the warranty then, hopefully it works. I can't find it on freeborn. Can you link it please?

Stompweaver

Jan 20, 2018
Stafford
Unfortunately you can’t buy the bolt separately from Specialized but they will do it under warranty.
I bought a complete bolt kit anyway so I’d have the others as spares as it didn’t cost too much. Berkshire Cycles sorted me out super quick as always.

Lukelw

Jul 12, 2019
Buckinghamshire
189C7073-E7C7-428C-A942-5740F9A964A6.jpeg

Mine snapped on Monday the bike was only two rides old..

TPP

Oct 1, 2018
Leeds
I've snapped the pivot bolt as well. How did you manage to get the old one out? The bolt now just spins. Also, the threaded end is still screwed into place. Is there a special tool?

suxfevi

Jun 1, 2019
koblenz
I've snapped the pivot bolt as well. How did you manage to get the old one out? The bolt now just spins. Also, the threaded end is still screwed into place. Is there a special tool?
No special tool to remove the threaded part. Find something to grab it from the inside, I used a pair of scissors. For the other part you have to find something that fits and hammer it out.

STK

Apr 23, 2019
San Diego
Mine broke too. It’s waiting at the LBS for replacement to come from Specialized. Having to ride the acoustic bike and I’ll vouch for the research that says you can get at least as good a workout on a non-ebike as an ebike (at least ??) Holy smoke all the “little” hills have gotten steeper!

7E826A3B-7E91-4B88-A197-97D707E15AD0.jpeg

5574DDAA-AC94-428F-9A62-CC49EBD37952.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles