Chainstay protection.

Wicksy

Jul 15, 2018
Pembrokeshire
Just wondering what everyone is using to protect their chainstays? I had my first proper ride out on my Kenevo this morning and the chain slap was horrible so deffo want to get it sorted ASAP!.. Any pics of your protection would be massively appreciated! Cheers all! (y)

eFat

Founding Member
Feb 4, 2018
Switzerland
3M 2228 tape.

20180719_133518.jpg

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Surely its supposed to come with a protector? Have they been cheaparses and not included one on the comp?

Wicksy

Jul 15, 2018
Pembrokeshire
That’s what I’m thinking? Anyone else had the same thing with their comp? Pretty cheap on the part of specialized when you think about it; at the end of the day it’s still over 4 grands worth of bike!

Donnie797

Jul 2, 2018
Germany, southern Black Forest
Btw. other than shown in the video above, you should start putting the tube on the chainstay from the back so the tubes "exposed edges" don't collect too much dirt. You can see it here (please ignore the tyre-levers - the chainstay broke on that day and i had to stabilize it somehow to come home):
IMG_1193.JPG

Last edited:

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Ah... thought so. I've used self amalgamating tape in the past. Wondered if this was anything like mastic tape.
Thanks

Peebee01

Jul 9, 2018
Netherlands
I’ve got the standard chainstay protector on my levo. Its the glued on, rubber strip. The problem is that it disolves with the Muc off degreaser when I clean my chain.

Has someone removed this strip? Can I just rip it off or does it risk pulling off the paint as well? Will buy lizard skins shown above, that looks good. Just doubting if I should put it on top of the existing one or pull it off first.

Kangr

Patreon
Sep 14, 2018
Stoke on Trent
Another bodge ive heard of to dampen the noise is to put the sticky velco on there. I would put the innertube or tape on first and then put this on top.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles