Removing 25kph limit from 2020 Steps E8000

Danny_bird

Oct 7, 2019
Essex, UK
Hi Guys, I just got my new 2020 Merida E160 with the 2020 Shimano STEPS E8000. I tried to back date the firmware to 4.3.2 so I can remove the speed limit but I had a problem. After I installed the update the bike wouldn't turn on. It appeared to be dead!! However, cutting a long story short, I managed to turn the bike on directly from the battery inside the frame. Basically that version of the firmware does not support the new on/off button on the top tube. Is there a way of installing the USA firmware (32kph) or another version of the firmware that resolves this issue?? I have the 2019 Merida E160 also and everything is perfect on that bike!!

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Hi Guys, I just got my new 2020 Merida E160 with the 2020 Shimano STEPS E8000. I tried to back date the firmware to 4.3.2 so I can remove the speed limit but I had a problem. After I installed the update the bike wouldn't turn on. It appeared to be dead!! However, cutting a long story short, I managed to turn the bike on directly from the battery inside the frame. Basically that version of the firmware does not support the new on/off button on the top tube. Is there a way of installing the USA firmware (32kph) or another version of the firmware that resolves this issue?? I have the 2019 Merida E160 also and everything is perfect on that bike!!

You will find the answer in one of these threads

Deristricting

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles