Levo SL Gen 1 Remove handlebar controller and motor fault

monkeyboy

Sep 4, 2020
Kent
Posted the beow in the newbies section but got no response, so trying here:

Hi Folks, new to this forum, so hi ?

Just about completed a Levo SL comp carbon rebuild from the frame up, partly inspired by the bike Brink put together and RobRides EMTB You Tube channel.

SRAM XX1 groupset (apart from cranks - can't remember why not the cranks now :unsure:), AXS controller and drop post, SRAM level ultimate brakes, Ohlins fork and shock, DT Swiss 1200 HXC carbon wheels.

Honestly, no idea how it will ride, not taken it beyond the back garden but soon...

I've been trying to figure out how to remove the handlebar controller and RobRides EMTB was kind enough to respond to a You Tube query which pointed me in the direction of the cable being attached to the TCU but I'm not sure whether it can be disconnected from there or whether the cable has to be cut. Logically, there must be a way to detach it, surely?

Also, seem to have a motor fault: ...

Any tips greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Marcus

bushkila

Mar 10, 2020
Europe
Dude, as long as your bike`s rear wheel is in the air(your bikestand) and there is no contact to the ground (resistance) of course you get an Error message......levos ,kenevos they all reply with an Error to this.

monkeyboy

Sep 4, 2020
Kent
Dude, as long as your bike`s rear wheel is in the air(your bikestand) and there is no contact to the ground (resistance) of course you get an Error message......levos ,kenevos they all reply with an Error to this.
Thanks for your comments mate. Unfortunately, the exact same thing occurs when the bike is on the ground - I tested before and just retested now to be extra sure. Walk mode starts off fine but then cuts out after a few seconds and the red fault light comes on (space between the red and blue lights indicating a motor error).

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
Mine doesn’t , I change to higher gears when stopped by pressing the front brake , raising the rear wheel then press walk mode while up shifting and she spins like crazy !
Tbh I think each bike has its own personality and you just gotta except it . I don’t get angry with mine anymore and are both happier ?

monkeyboy

Sep 4, 2020
Kent
Oh well, that sucks! You got the Magnet installed correctly, for the Speed Sensor...?
Well, I installed a planet 3 mechanical derestriction device but I'm pretty sure that I tested the bike in the stand before I switched from the stock magnet and it was exactly the same. Will swap back before it goes to the local bike shop for firmware update and motor check/service.

monkeyboy

Sep 4, 2020
Kent
Mine doesn’t , I change to higher gears when stopped by pressing the front brake , raising the rear wheel then press walk mode while up shifting and she spins like crazy !
Tbh I think each bike has its own personality and you just gotta except it . I don’t get angry with mine anymore and are both happier ?
Once day hopefully I'll experience that too. I could accept quirks from the bike but it just powers off in walk mode and when I've tested it under power it does the same - that ain't character, that's a fault!

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
Once day hopefully I'll experience that too. I could accept quirks from the bike but it just powers off in walk mode and when I've tested it under power it does the same - that ain't character, that's a fault!
I didn’t install the new firmware update! !

Greeny007

Mar 11, 2021
Melbourne
I didn’t install the new firmware update! !
Hey Monkeyboy. I have the same problem with the bike flipping to error mode (flashing red bar) when I engage walk mode. Have had it since new. Did you get it sorted. Coincidentally I also have the planetary system fitted, although the walk error issue predated the fitting of the planetary hack. Did you avoid the firmware upgrade in case it interfered with the planetary hack? Anyhow, appreciate any info you discovered on the error. Greeny.

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
Since my last comment I updated bike and had some issues with the speed censor (blue red lights ) plus motor died .
New motor is all updated and I deleted / reinstalled the app then put back on the planet with 2 magnets so have power upto 24mph , walk mode takes longer to pick up speed but works !

Greeny007

Mar 11, 2021
Melbourne
Since my last comment I updated bike and had some issues with the speed censor (blue red lights ) plus motor died .
New motor is all updated and I deleted / reinstalled the app then put back on the planet with 2 magnets so have power upto 24mph , walk mode takes longer to pick up speed but works !
Thanks for the reply. Sorry to hear your motor died. doesn't sound good. So just to confirm Specialized fixed your walk mode error (blue red lights) and updating the firmware didn't affect the Planet 3 from working? Cheers Greeny.

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
After the motor and update the app said censor issue. So deleted app , reinstalled it and all’s good ?

greengenes

Jan 14, 2021
uk
I have similar problem with walk mode on the SL: works intermittently. If I operate it when in a higher gear, it works fine

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles