Levo Gen 2 New motor and Speed sensor fault

daju

Apr 21, 2019
manchester by the sea, ma
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
2019 Levo just back from LBS for motor replacement for belt slippage. Seemed to ride fine in park lot. Next day ride 20 meters and get speed sensor alarm (2 flashing red and blue bars) which mission control confirms. This has happened before and is usually fixed by turning motor off and on or cleaning my LSS magnet.
I put the stock magnet system back on, checked that the sensor wire was plugged in and intact but the bike still alarms and dies after 20 meters. Is it plugged in correctly?
Does the sensor wire have polarity?
Thanks, guys

littl.jpg
big.jpg

stevo66

Mar 20, 2021
st7
hi i have similar problem , just had my motor repaired/upgraded, still red blue light, so i bought and fitted a new sensor, still same error code , walk asist is working but still same error code, any ideas please

stevo66

Mar 20, 2021
st7
hi, i have replaced the sensor , the cable harness, i have had the motor repaired and upgraded,, today i fitted the new cable harness ,,and still have the blue and red light.. im all out of ideas now

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
2019 Levo just back from LBS for motor replacement for belt slippage. Seemed to ride fine in park lot. Next day ride 20 meters and get speed sensor alarm (2 flashing red and blue bars) which mission control confirms. This has happened before and is usually fixed by turning motor off and on or cleaning my LSS magnet.
I put the stock magnet system back on, checked that the sensor wire was plugged in and intact but the bike still alarms and dies after 20 meters. Is it plugged in correctly?
Does the sensor wire have polarity?
Thanks, guys

View attachment 49183 View attachment 49182
If that is your new motor the LBS also forgot to fit blanking plugs on the 3 other ports ( green/red/yellow). The least bit of damp in there and they will create a fault.

stevo66

Mar 20, 2021
st7
that is not the 2019 Levo battery to motor cable. The Levo version has a "d" shaped plug at the motor end.
i know, i got that 1 last week they replaced it and sent the new 1 today which i have fitted earlier today, after fitting a new sensor, and after having the motor repaired and upgraded, im still getting the red and blue light

daju

Apr 21, 2019
manchester by the sea, ma
ARRGGH. Let us know what happens
Thanks to Mikerb--I'll plug those open green/red/yellow open ports
hoping for input from Specialized Rider Care.....

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles