Reign E+ 2022

trailaddict

Jul 7, 2021
Alps
@Rob Rides EMTB - reckon they rather wanted to ship the bike with some "odd component choices" but not hold it back until the spec'd stem/Dropper is available.
Many other brands need to do this too nowadays with the current supply issues the bike industry has to deal with.
Funny: even my new Volkswagen Car came out of the Fab with different interior. But still better than no car 🤔

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Giant (along with most brands) are having supply chain issues and in order to get the bikes out they are having to use some non original spec parts.

mots supposed to have a 35mm stem for example (and the +o I checked out did)

Tim gosnold

Nov 5, 2021
Fordingbridge
Sorry Tim, it’s only a first look vid not full review. And like most things in the bike industry my vid is slightly delayed !

first impressions: great geo, quite heavy, amazing value for money, some odd component choices (55mm stem, 160 dropper on XL), amazing controller, neat integration.
Really looking forward to riding it to be honest.
I’m looking forward to riding mine. Had it 2 weeks on Monday and still not had time 😢

Ordinary Human Male

Jun 28, 2021
Australia
oh, definitely wouldn't want to. but if you had to at the end of a ride with a few miles to go and outta jam. some bikes are terrible with lots of drag.
There's no noticeable drag from what I can tell.

I wouldn't really hesitate to pedal this bike without assistance (only a few kg heavier than my analogue without a battery) however it would only be up fireroads servicing downhill tracks. Wouldn't be much fun trying to ride trails generally (as opposed to one-way gravity tracks) without assistance, though if that's your jib I would have thought the Trance would be better suited ayway.

trailaddict

Jul 7, 2021
Alps
does anyone who owns one, think a 2.8 tire will fit in the rear?
Butcher 27,5 x 2.6 comes out at 61mm on the 30mm rim. 2.8 would fit in easily too.

Butcher-275x26.jpeg

Redlemon

Oct 30, 2021
Canada
that XL is gorgeous. i find out today whether or not the Marin E2 i ordered a year ago will be delivered this Dec or not. i'm tired of waiting and the date pushed back. if not, there is one of these in XL locally in stock and i'll be buying it. Marin released the E series to great fanfare and incredible reviews and.......... almost no ability to bring them to market. Giant released their new eebs and bang, they are in stores now. they must have massive leverage compared to other companies, or maybe the timing was just right. i feel bad for Marin, they must have lost thousands of sales for bikes they can't provide.

It is a great time to love & ride a Giant eMTB right now.

Reign E+ is so easy to find here it's ridiculous, almost every of my local Giant bike shop has Reign E+ 0,1 & 2 in stock. Finding your size is not even a problem.

It's even crazier with the new 2022 Trance X E+ as all bike shops have every model coming in all size in large quantity with some bikes already being in stock.

Local Giant branded store to receive 60 of them.

Giant is going to flood the ebike market here while other manufacturers are still stuggling to ship bikes.

bcmtb

Nov 1, 2021
WA
Just got my first ebike! Only had it on one ride so far but love it. I had the shop switch it to tubeless and they swapped the 125mm dropper (size M) to a 170mm one for free. Also threw in some metal OneUp pedals.

Can't wait to get out there more, it's rad! Tons of rear wheel clearance which is nice (short legs). It has some heft but I don't notice it much when I'm moving, I'm very happy for the price. I rode for an hour and it only went down one bar. I did notice I was hitting some rocks with my pedals but I might not have the shock set up right (or maybe it's a bit low compared to my regular bike).

IMG_0702.jpg

RFB

Nov 27, 2021
Australia
how about that high speed rebound dial on the E1? can anyone actually get a tool in there and adjust it? pretty much buried.
It’s quite easy. I used a small Allen key that would Fit into the hole of the red adjuster.

Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England
Anyone found a "0" in NW England don't fancy travelling if something goes wrong.
I have a +0 coming into Liverpool mid to end December and name down on one at giant Blackburn. They were very hit and miss though and didn’t really know what stock to to expect. Fingeres crossed for the early Xmas present though :)

Last edited:

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Sizing wise in the Reign I think it’s definitely worth sitting on one to try - I really liked the medium with the seat dropped but with it up the effective reach was too close to the bars due to the steep seat tube angle.

jbv

Sep 7, 2021
Vancouver Island BC
one up 210 dropper, spesh power arc saddle, nukeproof 50mm stem, spank vibrocore bars 780mm, 50mm rise, diety supracush grips, wolftooth spacer kit w wraparound topcap. maxxxxis shorty in maxxxx grippp, double down front tire.

it's never ever going to look like this again living in the rainforest, so i might as well take photos now. full coverage mudhugger fenders front and back soon and ready for winter riding on the coast, so long as the snow elevation allows.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles