Levo Gen 2 Recommended 2020 levo comp upgrades/accessories?

Dannich

Jun 16, 2020
Sunderland
Hi!

Recently purchased a red turbo levo comp on the 22nd of June, found it cheaper elsewhere so Specialized concept store gave me £450 credit

2 weeks pass by and no update so I call them, he can't find my red bike in the system so manually goes to check on it

turns out they don't have red and only have taupe booked in, so to say sorry they gave me another £450 credit

so now I've got £900 to spend at the specialized store!

honestly, looking at the bike there's no 'parts' I feel like I need to change, maybe the seat if I don't like it after a few weeks, and i'll most likely get some mud guards from my local bike shop anyway.

I've got my eyes set on some bike bags as I want to ride around the country stopping at Airbnb's once my charge runs out (and corona eases off a little)

or go mental and buy a spare 700wh battery... which honestly I doubt I'll ever use lol

or be smart, and don't spend it until something is wrong with the bike or i want a new one... but that's boring! :D

I do plan on going on long journeys once I figure out how far I can take the battery, my guess is 60 miles in eco

I can do 40 miles on a haibike hardnine 1.0 with 400wh in mostly eco (but I did 7 miles in turbo as my seat came loose and I couldn't sit down anymore lmao)

Dannich

Jun 16, 2020
Sunderland
Replying to myself as I'm an impatient little man :D

decided that upgrades for the bike were 100% unnecessary for my experience level, and if I need them in future I'll worry about that then

decided to get a spare 500wh battery for £750 (they knocked £50 off for me), some £35 gel padded gloves for when I inevitably fall off to save my hands, and a 900 lumen front light as I love exploring in the night, but I'm way too cheap to spend my money on anything more than a 10 lumen flashing light :D

specialized concept store in chester are absolutely brilliant, i almost feel bad taking £900 of free gear from them for such small inconveniences, *almost* ;)

timmers

Hi!

Recently purchased a red turbo levo comp on the 22nd of June, found it cheaper elsewhere so Specialized concept store gave me £450 credit

I've got my eyes set on some bike bags as I want to ride around the country stopping at Airbnb's once my charge runs out (and corona eases off a little)

I was curious about your comment about some bike bags that you'd want for when you're traveling around and stopping overnight at airBNB's. What sort of bags did you have in mind? I've come to my Levo from a quasi-tourer (acoustic) bicycle, had the racks and the ortlieb bags, etc. I haven't quite decided as to what I will use to carry "stuff" around - even if I pop out to the grocers' to buy a few items, where am I going to store them for the trip home? I've thought about a backpack, but it would be nice to hear from somebody who has also put a bit of thought into bags....

Thanks for your comments...

Dannich

Jun 16, 2020
Sunderland
I was curious about your comment about some bike bags that you'd want for when you're traveling around and stopping overnight at airBNB's. What sort of bags did you have in mind? I've come to my Levo from a quasi-tourer (acoustic) bicycle, had the racks and the ortlieb bags, etc. I haven't quite decided as to what I will use to carry "stuff" around - even if I pop out to the grocers' to buy a few items, where am I going to store them for the trip home? I've thought about a backpack, but it would be nice to hear from somebody who has also put a bit of thought into bags....

Thanks for your comments...
Well due to the dropper post and the way my suspension is setup, the only bags the bike can really handle while still performing optimally are frame packs and a handlebar bag

I've got myself one of each, and also an fr trail e-ride backpack for my more awkward gear like bottles of drinks and glass items that I'd feel less secure storing in the middle of my frame

Sadly you will have to remove the bottle cage (which contains the very convenient swat bike tool) to fit a frame pack in there.

My backpack has a chest strap and a waist (stomach really) strap and honestly I could be carrying 15+kg of gear and barely even feel it (which I do often as I don't drive, so my bike is my shopping vehicle :D)

As for backpacks specifically, my fr trail e ride is fairly expensive, but I got it as all I needed to Dow as make a slight modification to the battery pocket and it now fits my spare battery, but I also needed the back protection because if I fall off and land on that, I'll either break a £750 battery or my spine, I know which one I'd prefer :p

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles