Rain Gear?

spicker

May 2, 2022
Newfoundland, Canada
I'm looking for some decent rain gear for my commute. I think it's a real shame that the forecast for the next 10 days has a lot of RDF so I'd like to gear up so I can at least get me office commute in more often.

Ideally I'd like a one piece rain suit, but there doesn't appear to be a lot of options for that?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I commute by bike between 20 - 40miles 4days a week all year round and in all weather in Scotland. So carry waterproofs whenever the weather forecast is for rain. Separate waterproof trousers, and jacket are far more practical and easier to manage heat with and also easier to stash and dry at work. One piece waterproofs really wouldn't be great TBH. Find waterproof trousers with built in shoe covers. They're a game changer Decathlon do a great cheap pair in Europe. And possibly have more than one waterproof jacket if your climate is as varied as ours.

Last edited:

spicker

May 2, 2022
Newfoundland, Canada
I commute by bike between 20 - 40miles all year round and in all weather in Scotland. So carry waterproofs whenever the weather forecast is for rain. Separate waterproof trousers, and jacket are far more practical and easier to manage heat with and also easier to stash and dry at work. One piece waterproofs really wouldn't be great TBH. Find waterproof trousers with built in shoe covers. They're a game changer Decathlon do a great cheap pair in Europe. And possibly have more than one waterproof jacket if your climate is as varied as ours.
Thanks for the feedback. Yes, I imagine our climate is as varied, if not more so. There's a saying around here, if you don't like the weather wait 5 minutes. I do have a decent rain jacket already, and with the drizzle, mist, fog and cool temps we get this time of year I think a one piece will suit me well. I could be wrong though! I will look into those pants too, thanks! Chain Reaction will ship items here without issue it seems and the prices are decent.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
One great thing about an Ebike is its a lot harder to overdress and end up drenched in sweat inside waterproofs

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles