Ebike at bike park wales in the rain …

Lee c

Jan 31, 2022
Uk
So… I’m going to bpw next week and forecast is rain, I’m riding a focus sam2 6.8 2022 model with the Bosch motor any recommendations for water proofing or should I stop being a pussy and just ride it

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
I am definitely one for being over cautious and over thinking haha I took your advice from other posts though and paid for the uplift too 😂 @dobbyhasfriends
did I say that? I have never uplifted at BPW just because im too tight and have 2 batteries..
however, you will find you have more energy for the downhills, it can take a lot out of you in the day just riding back to the top. but you still have the eeb so if you wanna session popty ping or the bottom of rim dinger etc you can do it easily..
enjoy !

Bones

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
Definitely uplift. It's about £50 and includes the £20 ebike ride fee. It will be the best decision you ever made 👍. Although they have probably sold out online you can get some spaces available at the desk.
Your ebike electrics are fairly waterproof anyway so not much you can do really.

Bones

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
Apologies I didn't read the bit about you already having the uplift 🤔
If you have not been there before then be prepared for a different grading system to what you are used to. I was soon put in my place as to what I thought I could ride 🤣

Lee c

Jan 31, 2022
Uk
Yeah mate all good I have the uplift pass all booked and ready to rock, been once before but really just did the blues, coming for the reds this time but was nervous the wet weather would be an issue for the bikes electrics

thewanted

Apr 2, 2023
UK
Apologies I didn't read the bit about you already having the uplift 🤔
If you have not been there before then be prepared for a different grading system to what you are used to. I was soon put in my place as to what I thought I could ride 🤣

Haha yeah. The new'ish reds at BPW are really red.

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
Yeah mate all good I have the uplift pass all booked and ready to rock, been once before but really just did the blues, coming for the reds this time but was nervous the wet weather would be an issue for the bikes electrics
the reds are brilliant.. I think hotstepper is my favourite, wibbly wobbly is probably the easiest with surfin bird and vicious valley also being good fun. lots of the rest are hard work or just plain terrifying.. I find insufficient funds like that, far more perilous than it appears.. but that could just be me, sucking.
Roots manover could be interesting, especially if you don't drop your tyre pressures 🤣
DONT DO IT !
:ROFLMAO:

Lee c

Jan 31, 2022
Uk
Hahaha yeah the reds look very serious!!!! I think I’ll start with hot stepper then and wibbly wobbly and work my way up, root manoeuvres be lethal in the wet I reckon ha

Lee c

Jan 31, 2022
Uk
So is the general consensus that the ebike should be fine if ridden in decent rain … wasn’t sure if Bosch was any worse or better than others it’s ip rating doesn’t seem amazing

Andy__C

Apr 11, 2020
South Wales
I've barely ridden BPW in good weather despite having been probably 40+ times (had a year's pedal up pass once)

You'll be fine in the rain, particularly summer rains.

What you do get from BPW on a really wet day is covered in grit from the trails. It's a particular type of grit that works it's way into your ears, teeth, between your toes.... and coats the bike too! I'm not huge on washing the eeeb too much but its worth it after a wet BPW day as the bike gets so noisy!

Great day out tho.... enjoy!

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
I've barely ridden BPW in good weather despite having been probably 40+ times (had a year's pedal up pass once)

What you do get from BPW on a really wet day is covered in grit from the trails. It's a particular type of grit that works it's way into your ears, teeth, between your toes.... and coats the bike too! I'm not huge on washing the eeeb too much but its worth it after a wet BPW day as the bike gets so noisy!

been there a fair few times and agree, would add that a bit of rain makes it grippier on many trails and deadlier on others..
was at popty ping during the heatwave recently and it was scarier in the dry cos it was just so slippery, when its wet, you really get some decent grip.
most of the surfaced trails are great in the wet, the trails that are covered in roots are not so great

Hobo Mikey

E*POWAH Elite
Subscriber
May 22, 2020
Where ever
You in the rain = Good to go your skins waterproof.
EBike in the rain= Good to go it’s a mountain bike not an ornament.
BPW = Fun on the Bike Rain or Shine.👍

Lee c

Jan 31, 2022
Uk

Thanks mate good too know 🤣

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles