Rail 9.8 XT standard suspension settings

Sencha

Jun 24, 2021
Scotland
I have just got a Rail 9.8 XT and am wondering what settings people have ended up with on the standard suspension? The Trek and Rockshox site give contradictory setup information and I don’t feel there is a balance between the front and back on my bike at the moment. What settings have you found that works best for you?

Geedog

Subscriber
Dec 5, 2020
Shillington, Bedfordshire
Hello, I have a 9.8, i keep the rear in central position on compression, I have rebound on 3 or 4 and about 230psi, I'm about 100 kilos (16 stone), forks have about 60psi and rebound 9 clicks from slowest, but variable on trails I'm riding, I usually set it a click or 2 faster front n rear when I rocky fast area's.

Sencha

Jun 24, 2021
Scotland
Thanks Gee, I’ll have a look at mine and take see how far different I am from yours. I’m quite close you you weight wise but have a little more air in my shock and a little less in my forks. Not a million miles off so good to know, maybe it’s the damping settings that are making them feel like they are not acting together.

Geedog

Subscriber
Dec 5, 2020
Shillington, Bedfordshire
I have recently let a bit of air from the shock, I had it at 270 but was not getting full travel, also upped the fork from 56psi, as It was just a bit soft for hard hitting rides, 35% sag rear and 25%ish front now. Will be riding it in anger this weekend, so might need to adjust it again then.

Sencha

Jun 24, 2021
Scotland
I have recently let a bit of air from the shock, I had it at 270 but was not getting full travel, also upped the fork from 56psi, as It was just a bit soft for hard hitting rides, 35% sag rear and 25%ish front now. Will be riding it in anger this weekend, so might need to adjust it again then.

Gee, would be keen to hear how you get on. ??

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles