RaceFace Turbine Wheeset

Slo-zone

Dec 18, 2021
oregon
The rear wheel/hub since day 1 has made an annoying click when pedaling under load and when braking. At first I thought it was just the spokes seating in but now I have over 300mi on the bike at the noise is getting worse. Spoke tension is good and the wheel is true. Cannot find anything obvious. Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions? Thank You.

Slo-zone

Dec 18, 2021
oregon
I have determined that it is not the wheel at all. It is the seat stay to swing arm pivot. With the rear brake locked rocking the bike back and forth will produce a pop/clunk in the pivot/ rear brake area. I noticed some play at the pivot so I decided to pull it apart. Low and behold who ever assembled the swing did not seat the bearing squarely in the bore. The retaining clip was not seated in its groove and the pivot bearing was locked up. There was a burr in the bore from the bearing installed not square. I was able to dress the burr down but the bearing fit is not great. With the bearing seated correctly and the retainer ring fully in the groove the bearing will rotate but not smoothly. I was hoping this would help the pop/clunk noise but it did not. Does anyone else out there have noise from the pivot with the rear brake locked and rocking the bike back and fourth??? Mine has always had a clunk, I just thought is was the brake pads. I'm starting to regret buying this bike. Only 300 mi and I have already had to go through the rocker pivot's and locktite the splined axle to the rocker arms to cure the annoying snap crackle pop and now this. I think Orbea should send me a new swing arm but their customer service sucks in the states

benzy

Dec 1, 2021
California
I had a "click" when pedaling on my first ride. The lower bolt and hardware where the shock mounts to the arm needed a healthy coat of grease.

Glad it wasn't the Turbines. I have a front and about to put on the rear this weekend.

Slo-zone

Dec 18, 2021
oregon
My clicking noise is definitely coming from the seat stay/ rear wheel swing arm pivot. Does anyone else out there have noise from the pivot with the rear brake locked and rocking the bike back and fourth???

Richridesmtb

Jan 23, 2022
Australia
If you can still ride your bike ask for a new one under warranty and keep riding until you get it. I'm assuming you used an LBS to get the claim going though. I'm not sure if you'd need to send it in for an online purchase.

benzy

Dec 1, 2021
California
My clicking noise is definitely coming from the seat stay/ rear wheel swing arm pivot. Does anyone else out there have noise from the pivot with the rear brake locked and rocking the bike back and fourth???

I’m telling you mine did the same thing. Happened when pedaling. Happened when rocking the bike back and forth the the brakes locked. Sounded like it came from the wheel, I greased the thru axle, then it sounded like the seat clamp, greased that, etc etc.

Im my experience the best way to ID a suspension creak is to first torque every bolt to spec. If that doesn’t work out a few drops of thin lube one link/bearing at a time. Once it stops you found the culprit. Otherwise disassemble and grease everything.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles