Converting The Race Face TURBINE R30 to Tubeless?

RedRockWest

Mar 21, 2023
UK
I have just got a 2022 M10, and want to convert the tires to tubeless. Supposedly, both the existing Maxxis tires and R30 wheels are tubeless ready (TWR) - has anyone done it with the existing wheels and tires?

Is it proper inner tubeless-tape in the R30 wheels or do I need to remove the existing and put new tape in?

What length of valves did you use? Hammer or plant-pot heads?

Any tips/recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

Ducman71

Apr 8, 2021
Orange County, CA
It's easy. I set up mine tubeless before the first ride, without touching the tape, on the stock tires, using the valve stems that came with the wheels. If you didn't get the stems with the bike for some reason, I'd reach out to Race Face and see if they can send you a set. I don't believe there is anything special about the stem or the head, but they have special spacers to run on the outside below the retaining nut to seat correctly on the asymmetric hoop.

RedRockWest

Mar 21, 2023
UK
It's easy. I set up mine tubeless before the first ride, without touching the tape, on the stock tires, using the valve stems that came with the wheels. If you didn't get the stems with the bike for some reason, I'd reach out to Race Face and see if they can send you a set. I don't believe there is anything special about the stem or the head, but they have special spacers to run on the outside below the retaining nut to seat correctly on the asymmetric hoop.
Thanks. No I didn't get them and will contact them.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles