Major service, Raceface Turbine warranty issue

NorthernBloke

Sep 17, 2021
Cleckheaton, West Yorkshire
Took my Rise in for first major service in LBS, expecting new cassette, chain and chainring after 2,500k. No surprise that it needed these as well as some new headset bearings. Pleased with longevity of components, not the replacement cost of the XTR, dropping to XT was a no brainer for me.
More concerning was to be told that my Turbine R back rim needed replacing. No problem says LBS, covered under warranty. But, they said it's Raceface so don't hold your breath. They still have my wheel and after two weeks of waiting I stumped up more cash for DT Swiss.

Has anyone else in the UK had wheel problems on their RISE, is this Raceface or their UK distributor being difficult.

theremotejuggernaut

Aug 2, 2022
UK
Took my Rise in for first major service in LBS, expecting new cassette, chain and chainring after 2,500k. No surprise that it needed these as well as some new headset bearings. Pleased with longevity of components, not the replacement cost of the XTR, dropping to XT was a no brainer for me.
More concerning was to be told that my Turbine R back rim needed replacing. No problem says LBS, covered under warranty. But, they said it's Raceface so don't hold your breath. They still have my wheel and after two weeks of waiting I stumped up more cash for DT Swiss.

Has anyone else in the UK had wheel problems on their RISE, is this Raceface or their UK distributor being difficult.

What was wrong with it that it needed replacing?

Not sure which country you're in but if the bike is still under warranty and you're in the UK, it's down to the retailer to provide the warranty. It's then up to the retailer to deal with the manufacturer and if they're difficult, it's kind of their problem. Not yours.

NorthernBloke

Sep 17, 2021
Cleckheaton, West Yorkshire
Cracks emanating from the spoke holes, LBS are dealing with the warranty but not sure if it's a lack of stock that is creating the pushback from the UK distributor. I think they are going with wear and tear or misuse as a reason for declining the claim. I won't be buying Raceface products anytime soon.

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
Cracks emanating from the spoke holes,

When I hear about cracked spoke holes, I immediately think "excess spoke tension." That's why you don't want to work on your wheels without a tension gauge, and why you should never let the bike store boy ever touch your wheels. RaceFace has been around the block once or twice, so I would bet the cause is not the rim itself. And it's very unlikely that your riding is what caused the cracks. I'm sticking with spoke tension.

RaceFace is pretty good with their warranties. I beat the bejeebers out of my pedals--that's a fact. Last month a bearing in my RaceFace Atlas pedals started sounding a little grumbly, and it was less than a year old. I called up RaceFace, explained that although the pedals still worked fine, I was worried that the grumbly bearing would last a few more months, until the pedals were out of warranty, and I'd be out of luck. Within a week, they sent all new bearings, spindles, seals, and a tool for working on the pedals. The only problem is that they took such good care of me, that now I feel obligated to buy more of their stuff.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles