Puncture prevention

IndigoUnicorn

E*POWAH Master
Sep 17, 2020
Las Cruces, NM
Would you like to open little more this requirement? What is the actual reason? The tube adds too much weight to a bike?

I've had impression that tubeless is initially more secure than with tube, but you can always put tube back in serious punctures.

Just the opposite, is my understanding. The bike is too heavy for the low pressures MTBs typically run in the tires. BUT, again, I know folks run tubeless in their eMTBs. Staying tubed is the decision I made after thoughly discussing the option with my LBS (that is a Trek dealer).

nickfrog

May 22, 2020
UK
The overall weight is very similar, the delta is only about 10%. The propensity to run low pressure is a function of the sidewall stiffness, whether ebike or acoustic.

Formulasuper

Mar 9, 2022
Atlanta
Top it up every 3-6 months depending on local temps. You'll know it's time when you rush out to the shed late for a group ride and both tyres are flat.

I thought leaving the valve at 12 oclock was what caused it to fill ip with crud, but that might be an Australian thing? Make sure you have spare cores.
Australian thing!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles