Pulling analog riders

Dan202B

Jul 5, 2020
California
Went for a ride the other day, a guy on a YT Decoy said he never pulls people. Said it would wear out the motor quicker. This make sense to me. Anybody have some sort of offical statement on this from motor manufactures. I got a buddy that grabs on to my wifes backpack sometimes when he is struggling. I dont have an ebike yet but she is on a Levo. Should I tell her not to let people do that?

willeco

Jul 28, 2020
Halle
As long as he grabs her backpack, I wouldn't worry too much :sneaky: ...oh wait... the Levo motor... I think the guy on the Decoy is right. If not for the motor, the battery will drain faster, obviously.

Dan202B

Jul 5, 2020
California
As long as he grabs her backpack, I wouldn't worry too much :sneaky: ...oh wait... the Levo motor... I think the guy on the Decoy is right. If not for the motor, the battery will drain faster, obviously.
Yeah right, hey buddy hands on the back pack!!!!

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
Might overload the motor as the resistance/drag would be greater. That said, I’ve towed a couple of mates at Cannock Chase and had no issues since ?

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
I don't think it is a problem. There are some pretty overweight riders that don't have problems.
Obviously if it was every ride on huge climbs then it could be a problem, but occasionally pulling your mates or kids definitely is fine, makes for a better relationship between riders, and adds fun to the day.

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
I don't think it is a problem. There are some pretty overweight riders that don't have problems.
Obviously if it was every ride on huge climbs then it could be a problem, but occasionally pulling your mates or kids definitely is fine, makes for a better relationship between riders, and adds fun to the day.

Agree, some of my friends were getting tired and fed up with the climbs so towing them up cheered them up and off we went again ?

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
If I pull someone then its best if they keep peddling too, so in effect you are wasting them rather than pulling them.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Sure I got disc with info regarding towing tugalong with Levo when I got it. Grandaughter absolutely loves going up local hill 300 metres on it.

mtbninja

Jul 13, 2020
Canberra, Australia
My opinion is it depends how much you weigh, and also making sure the other rider pedals to help still. Also depends how steep the hill and what mode. In general, I believe it should be fine. Mainly it'll flatten your battery sooner.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles