Protection for bike

Apr 21, 2023
Hull
After parting with a fair sum of money, would you recommend any protection for e bike?
Invisitape or similar
Motor guard for underneath

Thanks

RiderOnTheStorm

I like InvisiFRAME for frame protection. It's nicely precut, has good fit and they offer a discount to EMTB forum members. Need to dedicate a lot of time and patience to correctly apply the film though.

My bike came with a beefy aluminum skid plate to protect the motor from rocks and hits. It already got a few deep scratches, so.... Yes, i think it's definitely useful.

Apr 21, 2023
Hull
That's good to no you get a discount is that direct with them or order it through the forum?
I was thinking skid plate just for that added protection if one doesn't come with bike I'll order one

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
I use Ridewrap but they’re pretty much all the same. They’re all a PITA to install, I recommend paying someone to do it if you’re like me and have no patience.

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
Definitely no patience 😂
I’d definitely pay someone to do it then, I did the wrap on my SB130 and said f**k it about half through. It looks like shit but does the job it’s supposed too. I’ve paid to have it installed on every bike after that, I’d rather pay someone and keep my sanity.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I have gone down the helicopter tape route. It is cheaper (lots cheaper), quicker and you can easily do it yourself. Then if you get any damage, it can be peeled off and some fresh stuff applied. You can apply several layers in the most at risk areas if you want.

I have a handy guide to applying helicopter tape. It was written by me but with the input from several others who contributed handy tips. If you want a copy, send me a private message with your email address and I'll send you a copy (absolutely free!) :)

Apr 21, 2023
Hull
I have gone down the helicopter tape route. It is cheaper (lots cheaper), quicker and you can easily do it yourself. Then if you get any damage, it can be peeled off and some fresh stuff applied. You can apply several layers in the most at risk areas if you want.

I have a handy guide to applying helicopter tape. It was written by me but with the input from several others who contributed handy tips. If you want a copy, send me a private message with your email address and I'll send you a copy (absolutely free!) :)
That's awesome thanks

RiderOnTheStorm

I was thinking skid plate just for that added protection if one doesn't come with bike I'll order one
I think most eMTBs come at least with a motor protection cover, generally made of plastic. Some come with aluminum skid plates which offer better protection for the motor with only a minimal weight penalty. You can also find aftermarket skid plates for some brands/models. Depending on your type of riding and places where you ride, a metal skid plate could be necessary.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles