Problems with a shock settings for an ebike Scott Strike Eride 930 2020

Flo

Sep 16, 2020
Romania
Hi ! I have purchased this ebike but i can't handle the shock settings. I have aprox 100 kg weight and my shock is a X Fusion Nude O2 Pro RLX. The manufacturer tell about the maxim air pressure must not be over 300 psi. I charge with a shock pump 275 psi and the sag is 2/3 from the shock after a ride. I pump after this 300 psi and i see that when i pull out the air pump from the shock, the valve lost about 10-15 psi. Should i pump 315-320 psi calculating also the 10-15 psi air it will be lost from the valve when the air pump will be out or what ?
I mentioned that when i have received the ebike i pumo just some air in the shock, nothing more. I do something wrong ? The shock must be reset somehow and if the answer is yes, how can i do this ? I read that the sag must be 35% , not 70% like in my case. When i ride in the saddle after the pumping process the sag is corect, but after a ride with a 10 kg back pack on my back the sag is 70%. This is normal, i have a faulty shock or i do something wrong ?
I don't have a bike shop or a bike service in my hometown so i must work this thing by myself, maybe with your help. Thank you very much in advance if somebody from here wants to help me.
Please excuse my poor english...

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
Do you mean the maximum travel used is 2/3 of the max? Max travel isn't sag, sag is the initial position of the shock when you have put your weight on the bike.
Also air isn't escaping from the shock when you're removing the pump, it's just the air escaping from the tube.
When you refit the pump some air then escapes into the hose and results in the lower pressure shown.
Whatever you do, don't exceed the max pressure.

Flo

Sep 16, 2020
Romania
Thank you for your help ! Maybe it seems stupid, but i realy don't know about those shock things and the manual of the shock has very little information. So you tell me that's is normal that the ruber ring it will be at 2/3 from the travel ? I know from the manual just the max presure is 300 psi. So my shock is ok and i just misunderstanding the term of sag ? How much presure do you sugest to pump in my shock for my 100 kg weight ? The producer didn't specify this thing.....Man, it's a beautiful and very good ebike and i don't want to screw something because of my don't-know-how-to-handle situation.... Please help with an advice.
Thank you again !

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
If I've found the right bike on the web then your re shock has 50mm of travel so when you're sat on the bike with your usual kit on including rucksack the sag (initial movement) should be between 12-15mm (25-30%). A rough guide for shocks is 1 psi of pressure for every lb of your weight so 100kg =220lbs so about 220psi.

Also when you're making thee adjustments set the rear shock to 'open' or 'descent' or whatever setting is opposite to locked.

You can also adjust how quickly the shock recovers from being compressed (rebound) - start with the red knob in the middle of it's movement.

You're right the bike manual doesn't give you many clues but have a read of the set up manual for the shock here - O2 PRO RLX

Hours of fun ahead :D

Flo

Sep 16, 2020
Romania
Thank you very much for your help ! I will be back here tomorrow i hope with good news :) I have ordered also a rear mudguard from Mudhugger and an expensive Scott rear rack because my bike has points for this on the rear part of the frame...but because of the Covid 19 situation i still wait the rear mudguard....Wish me luck !:)))

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles