Levo Gen 2 problem solved

knoby129

Aug 23, 2020
walnut creek, ca
I feel you. My 2020 levo is on the 3rd motor and now sitting at the shop waiting on the same rear-wheel repair. Less than 400 miles. Hub is bad, bearing isn't spinning so they need to replace. All covered under warranty, but the wheel is on backorder and I've been without a bicycle all month.

muzzman1

Feb 11, 2019
Los Angeles CA
If you guys are in the LA area by chance. I have a spare rear roval off my 2019 comp. I'd be happy to give it to you. I couldn't imagine waiting a month to get my bike back. (I ride daily)

muzzman1

Feb 11, 2019
Los Angeles CA
Thanks, @muzzman1. I'm in the San Franciso bay area and too far away. But I appreciate the offer.

I'm looking into buying a new wheelset. What did you buy to replace the stock wheels?
The Roval Carbons for vibration mitigation and extra stiffness. Over 6000 miles combined on my 2 bikes. Have never needed to true them and had no issues. Replaced bearings on one set. (I also run cushcore) but keep my pressures at 16 & 18 psi

Bigtuna00

Nov 27, 2019
CA
I ran a set of Roval Traverse SL 6Fattie wheels on my Levo for a year without issues (non-boost, with spacers). This is a 1500g wheelset. These wheels have DT Swiss Ratchet internals, not the pawl design like OP's photos.

I "upgraded" to some LightBicycle wheels with Onyx Vesper hubs. What a joke. Bearings failed within 100 miles, second set of bearings is already notchy after 3 rides. Now Onyx doesn't recommend the hubs for ebikes... :rolleyes: Protip: don't buy Onyx hubs if you're having wheel problems...

I should have played it safe and just bought DT hubs...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles