Problem charging my new Trance X E+ 3

Speedy

Feb 18, 2021
Slovenia
From the charging-Port on the bike to the pins in the bike connecting the battery is just a "through-connection" - I measured that.
So, there should be no difference than charging the battery externally with the charging-adapter.
But it is.... battery in the frame it charges mostly up to 70-80% than stops. Have to power cycle the charger, than it continues.
Battery outside the frame, charges without any problem.
I think there might me an interference with the bike-electronic, or a contact problem (but i cleaned and measured everything)

More and more people seams to have that problem. I told my dealer, I'll wait until this "famous" 10 charges and than it might work, otherwise the bike goes back for service...
Hi,
back again on this topic.
So, after fameous 10 charges, it was better. Battery went up to 90% charged, then hang on this %. Remove the plug from the socket for a short time connect it again and battery was charged full after that. However I was not happy with this solution.
So I took a bike to a dealer on regular servis (first servis after 1000km and 24.000 altitude meters:). So, statement was, problem is a charger.
Instruction:
Connect a charger to the bike and electric socket
Remove a charger from electric socket only
Wait till light on a charger stop blinking
Connect again the charger to electric socket
Thats it. Charger should work normally now and battery should reach 100% in 4-5 hours if charged directly on bike (I didnt have problems with charging if charged directly on a battery).
Hope this helps.

Speedy

Feb 18, 2021
Slovenia
Hi,
back again on this topic.
So, after fameous 10 charges, it was better. Battery went up to 90% charged, then hang on this %. Remove the plug from the socket for a short time connect it again and battery was charged full after that. However I was not happy with this solution.
So I took a bike to a dealer on regular servis (first servis after 1000km and 24.000 altitude meters:). So, statement was, problem is a charger.
Instruction:
Connect a charger to the bike and electric socket
Remove a charger from electric socket only
Wait till light on a charger stop blinking
Connect again the charger to electric socket
Thats it. Charger should work normally now and battery should reach 100% in 4-5 hours if charged directly on bike (I didnt have problems with charging if charged directly on a battery).
Hope this helps.
Forget to mention - I didnt check it yet as weather is a night mare...but will do it this week for sure.

duri1

Nov 3, 2020
Slovakia
Hi guys, same issue here on my brand new '21 Trance X E+ Pro 1. First charging (plugged to the frame socket) 2 days ago scared me. After 22 hours of green light flashing I had only 68% battery. I removed the charger from electric socket only and after 1 minute reconnected. Now I have 100% of battery but I don't think it's normal. My second bike (Trek Rail) took only 6-8 hours to 100% via frame socket charging.

duri1

Nov 3, 2020
Slovakia
Ok guys, I've just finished my second charging and it was totally smooth and takes +/- 4 hours. At first I plugged the connector to frame socket, after that I plugged charger to electric socket.

GeoBoris

Jan 29, 2021
France - Alsace
Does anyone have any news if and how the charging problem has been fixed for them?
Give my bike the coming week to the dealer and would like to tell him already a solution.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles