Levo Gen 2 Powers itself without peddling?

Darkred

Oct 9, 2020
Sheffield
Hi all

I have another problem and its weird, so wondered if anyone had come across this at all ?

I have just had a new motor that's done 65 miles now (replaced after 650 miles). I also had to have the power lead replaced just after. Just went out on a ride and i could not stop the bike powering itself. I could take my feet off the pedals and it would still move along at full speed (like a pedal along moped!) with no input from me. It took quite a lot of force to stop the pedals going around & felt like a clutch gave way before i got control of the pedals.

I had to start pedaling to get it going but then the bike went along under its own power ! It did this every time in every power mode and so i had to give up my ride and come home with it off, so i could control it properly

I would guess its something to do with the torque sensor?? I don't know though

Anyone have any insights into this, or had this before?

Looks like I have to take it back (again!) Love the bike but this sucks as its about 2 months out of 11 i have owned it its been broken :(

Thank You :)

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
LOL !

People would kill for that walk mode ... :)

Normally that is a torque sensor issue. However, that normally only leads to the motor overrunning for a few seconds, this sounds like something else in the motor possibly.

@Specialized Rider Care This might be one for you ?

Darkred

Oct 9, 2020
Sheffield
LOL !

People would kill for that walk mode ... :)

Normally that is a torque sensor issue. However, that normally only leads to the motor overrunning for a few seconds, this sounds like something else in the motor possibly.

@Specialized Rider Care This might be one for you ?
Thats exactly how it felt - overun that didnt stop ! :)

Fun for a bit then realised it was probably serious :(

Pedals are stiff going backwards the same as when the motor went pop also

Thanks !

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Thats exactly how it felt - overun that didnt stop ! :)

Fun for a bit then realised it was probably serious :(

Pedals are stiff going backwards the same as when the motor went pop also

Thanks !
The part about the pedals being hard to stop suggests a clutch or similar problem.

You're definitely going to need to take it back, looks like you've just been incredibly unlucky to have two motors with things wrong.

Hopefully SRC will also PM you as I'm sure they'll be interested in the failure. Might take them a few days so don't panic if you don't hear straight away.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles