Portable Power Stations

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
VTOMAN have released an additional 1548Wh battery to pair with the Flashspeed 1500 today

Currently on offer at €549, which is a bargain for a 1548Wh LiFePO4 battery, but only in EU. No doubt they’ll be on Amazon soon and will be able to pay a similar price. That works out to around £0.30 per Wh

Buy that with a Flashspeed 1500 now and you’re paying just over £1k for a 3096Wh Power Station

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
How are you getting on with yours @Tubby G ? I am tempted....

I have t used it since the first few days of receiving it and testing it out, but from my limited experience it seems a decent well built bit of kit.

I just turned it on to see how much charge is left, 99%, so has hardly discharged anything 👍🏽

Kingerz

Jul 11, 2021
Australia
That unit looks pretty good and is really cheap compared to the other big players.

Its main weakness is only taking 220W Solar Input, which would make it very slow to charge up compared to similar Bluettis with 500w inputs, but if you aren't worried about that or plan to use solar anyway, it's a solid way to keep charged for a big day.

I'm now up to three solar generators when I go away and can keep my 800wh Trance fully charged for three rides a day, with two smaller units for fridge, lights and devices.

I have it written up if anyone is interested at Blogger

Buller Revisited 23 (2).jpg

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
That unit looks pretty good and is really cheap compared to the other big players.

Its main weakness is only taking 220W Solar Input, which would make it very slow to charge up compared to similar Bluettis with 500w inputs, but if you aren't worried about that or plan to use solar anyway, it's a solid way to keep charged for a big day.

I'm now up to three solar generators when I go away and can keep my 800wh Trance fully charged for three rides a day, with two smaller units for fridge, lights and devices.

I have it written up if anyone is interested at Blogger

View attachment 132669

Bought the power station for pretty much the same reasons as you have stated in your blog 👍🏽

And yes the Vtoman 1500 will take 400W solar panel, 2 x 200W

Dave_B

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
Why don’t you guys just use a Petrol generator? It would cost less and not be weather dependent for charging via solar.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Why don’t you guys just use a Petrol generator? It would cost less and not be weather dependent for charging via solar.

I’ll be using it to go camping with the bikes Dave. Take it away full charged, and the bikes fully charged, and we’ll get two days of riding with two bikes (me & her).

Or, as we have range extenders on our lightweight bikes, we can use the range extender batteries first, return to the car to charge them, use the bike batteries, then come back and have another couple of hours on the recharged range extenders.

Cheaper to buy a Power Station then to buy spare batteries for various bikes 👍🏽

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
I’ll be using it to go camping with the bikes Dave. Take it away full charged, and the bikes fully charged, and we’ll get two days of riding with two bikes (me & her).

Or, as we have range extenders on our lightweight bikes, we can use the range extender batteries first, return to the car to charge them, use the bike batteries, then come back and have another couple of hours on the recharged range extenders.

Cheaper to buy a Power Station then to buy spare batteries for various bikes 👍🏽
Plus, a lot of campsites have reception areas or communal kitchens, with plug sockets,, such as the one at Glentress. The Power Station only takes an hour to fully charge on the mains , so we could charge it up there, take it back to the tent and then charge the bikes up ready for the next day.

It’s all about camping with the bikes rather than staying in hotels / AirB&B’s etc

Dave_B

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
Yeah I get all that, but why not just use a petrol generator rather than a power station. You don’t then have to worry about anything.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Yeah I get all that, but why not just use a petrol generator rather than a power station. You don’t then have to worry about anything.

Noise would be the main issue. Then the mess, carrying around petrol etc. Plus the Power Station can be used to charge phones, GoPro, ipad, all the usual gadgets & devices

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Something like this

Plus my other half wouldn’t be too happy if she’s trying to get an early night and I’ve got a petrol generator whirring away inside the tent so I can charge my phone and plug a little lamp into it 😆

Weeksy

Dec 13, 2019
Reading
I'm a little confused here, why not just get a quiet £200 generator? We use one at various MTB races for power and even kettles etc. but no reason we couldn't use it for charging an ebike.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Plus my other half wouldn’t be too happy if she’s trying to get an early night and I’ve got a petrol generator whirring away inside the tent so I can charge my phone and plug a little lamp into it 😆
With a petrol generator whirring away in your tent, you won't have to worry about getting to sleep. I would be worried about waking up! :eek:

Last edited:

TheSnowShark

Subscriber
Sep 7, 2023
French-Alpes
People who use thermal generators do not even imagine to what extent others must suffer from their noise pollution.

The so-called "silent" mode makes me laugh (or not) 😂 :eek:

Weeksy

Dec 13, 2019
Reading
At a DH race there's pro teams with massive generators blasting power washers into oblivion. My tiny 1200w can barely be heard. Same at Trackdays.

Mine isn't silent, but I generally run it for 15 mins to perform a function. Throw it on a 20m extension cord and you hardly notice it.

I do get that charging stations are silent, but a generator just ticks more boxes for me personally

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
I wouldn’t be able leave a petrol generator running and charging the range extenders in the boot of my car whilst out on the trails

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles