Portable Cleaning option

caterhamnut

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
South West
Top cleaning tip - Karcher do a rechargeable battery powered mini-washer for over £100 - this one is from Lidl for about £35 - one tub full of water quickly cleans 2 bikes enough to keep the car/van clean. Compact and not too powerful to damage anything ....
You'll have to wait for it to appear in the stores (UK) but Aldi probably do something similar.
50607276_10157183651873092_1505313722883637248_n.jpg

50295339_10157183651843092_8723198442123296768_o.jpg

Tamas

Founding Member
Jan 22, 2018
Hungary/Bosnia and Herzegovina
Tell me about it... I bought the Karcher OC3 then a couple of months later Lidl came out with this one for 1/3 of the price and you can even charge it from 12V. o_O They are both awesome but nothing justifies the price difference.

Deanoemtb

Jan 23, 2019
Bolton
How much water does it hold? I've currently got a bike washer but it only holds 9L of water so find its good for getting the bulk of the mud off but not enough to get the bike completely clean. I'd looked at the worx hydroshot as an alternative because you can just buy whatever size container you want to go with that and it seems pretty powerful.

Tamas

Founding Member
Jan 22, 2018
Hungary/Bosnia and Herzegovina
How much water does it hold? I've currently got a bike washer but it only holds 9L of water so find its good for getting the bulk of the mud off but not enough to get the bike completely clean. I'd looked at the worx hydroshot as an alternative because you can just buy whatever size container you want to go with that and it seems pretty powerful.
My Karcher holds 4-5 liter I think the Lidl is almost the same. It's good for me because I prefer portability (it fits under the seat) over 'on board' water storage and I have no problem with carrying two 5L water cans in the car if I'm going somewhere without a water source.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I have the Worx Hydroshot portable washer, and just hook it up to a 20l jerry can, great bit of kit, but as good as it is the lidl one is crazy value and I probably would have plumped for that if I knew about it

Worx-HydroShot-20V-Max-Portable-Power-Cleaner-01.jpg

Deanoemtb

Jan 23, 2019
Bolton
This is the one I've got, it has no motor, it's somehow pressurizes when you fill it up with the hosepipe. For a quick rinse it's great but does start to lose pressure once the water level start getting low.

Screenshot_20190123-110245.png

Brianjonesphoto

Patreon
Oct 8, 2018
Seattle USA
I have a “Stored Charge” refillable water fire extinguisher like this Buckeye 2.5 Gallon Water Class A Fire Extinguisher - Rechargeable Untagged - UL Rating 2-A

Been using it for years both mtb and dirtbikes works great to leave the mud on the ride. I Have truck so I’m not worried about things getting dirty but it makes clean up so much easier to get the heavy muck off while it is still wet.

I’ve acquired and given away many of these over the years. You can usually find them used for $10 to free if you look for them.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I have a Mobi V15. 15L capacity which is just about enough to do a proper job on a filthy bike but I also have a 25L container so I can top it up. £50 from CRC in the Black Friday sale.

caterhamnut

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
South West
Yeah, those garden sprayers are also great...

I would say that the Lidl option I posted is not alternative to the more powerful jet washers, but as a low power, rechargeable battery, portable option - its pretty good. Just got to wait for it to come back around into the stores....

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
I have a Mobi V15. 15L capacity which is just about enough to do a proper job on a filthy bike but I also have a 25L container so I can top it up. £50 from CRC in the Black Friday sale.

Those mobis were a bargain , it’s a great machine ive donee about 5 tankful,s cleaning multiple bikes up and the van still starts up ok . I like the little shower head that comes with it , kettle full of hot water in the tank and you’ve got a decent camping shower .

MarkH

Patreon
Aug 12, 2018
Manchester
I've got the little Karcher battery powered jobby mentioned in the first post. Got if for 99 quid a few months back and its just enough to clean off 1 bike. Used it about 10 times so far and it's still on its first charge.
Highly recommended but not as powerful as the Worx units nor as cheap as the Lidl one.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles