Pole Voima 190mm Travel EMTB

Tankboy

Jun 23, 2022
Weymouth
That’s cool.

@Tankboy can you take a lower pic centered on the BB showing the BB inline. Then one from behind and above showing that angle. If not it’s cool. I can do one some day…..
I did these pics a long while ago, the pic below is the nearest to what you're asking for, the Voima is forward a bit. I remember it not being ideal as the bikes won't sit together in line on the BB because the bars clash etc? Also the bikes are sitting on a upslope from the door at the rear...

Only way to do it properly would be one bike at time with fixed camera then photoshop overlays etc?

WhatsApp Image 2022-05-23 at 8.01.37 PM (1).jpeg

InRustWeTrust

E*POWAH Master
Mar 9, 2020
Sweden
Hey NickyTee, here's some pics of the K3 Voima with 2022 Fox 40, I just fully compressed them as well to check clearance and did a bit measuring for you. I'm using Hope selecta headset 1.1/8", ZS44/28.6 - Type 2 and 1.5", ZS56/40 - Type E with a 1/5 to 1/8 reducer.

Pics below to give you more details and measurements

View attachment 100508 View attachment 100509 View attachment 100510 View attachment 100511 View attachment 100512 View attachment 100513

Really nice bike

NickyTee

Sep 20, 2022
UK
Gotcha. Buy some HGH. It speeds up recovery!!!!
And don’t do this or forsure you’ll die.
Can you get this HGH from CRC? 🤣

I'm also taking it easy, for well over a year now. Galeazzi fracture to my left arm, riding Twisted Oaks, Growler trail, July last year.... That'll teach me to ride with SPDs cranked-up fully tight!

Tankboy

Jun 23, 2022
Weymouth
Fantastic, it looks a little like the amazing Brookline Machine works, remember that? I also rode those grey Fox 40's for years, I'm kinda missing the ti spring they used to have, it's all fluffy air now :LOL:

My other old DH rigs where a Karpiel Armageddon 11inchs travel, GT IT Gearbox bike and a Foes mono all with those Fox 40's. Like you say you can just straight-line all roots and rocks at speed and smash through, just brilliant.

Jono967

Apr 4, 2019
Victoria Australia
So after riding this animal for a few times now I'm slowing beginning to understand it
I've set mine up to be extremely pluush
I figure with 190mm travel I can afford a bit of compliance 🙄🙄
Climbing with the seat right back you tend to sit on the bike not in the bike but admittedly it climbs really well
It is a challenge on the tight switch backs climbing with such a long wheel base but it's doable
Once you head downhill what a beast.
Just point and shoot and away she goes
It forces you into attack mode and your now riding in the bike and it feels so stable.
A completely different riding experience to the Trek Rail
The high bottom bracket gives you confidence to roll over most obstacles and I'm yet to have a pedal strike.
Launching over jumps is very different again just need to re adjust my timing to compress and release. I'm sure the will come with more ride time.
So far loving the experience.
Front brakes have been fitted broken banjo in caliper repaired

6F982ACA-22C8-46C9-8648-2D5ECFBE6A6F.jpeg 6B3DDB78-C738-4AC0-AA98-C2AECEBE34F2.jpeg 158EC0CB-304C-45DA-BFB5-F7096E877975.jpeg

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
So after riding this animal for a few times now I'm slowing beginning to understand it
I've set mine up to be extremely pluush
I figure with 190mm travel I can afford a bit of compliance 🙄🙄
Climbing with the seat right back you tend to sit on the bike not in the bike but admittedly it climbs really well
It is a challenge on the tight switch backs climbing with such a long wheel base but it's doable
Once you head downhill what a beast.
Just point and shoot and away she goes
It forces you into attack mode and your now riding in the bike and it feels so stable.
A completely different riding experience to the Trek Rail
The high bottom bracket gives you confidence to roll over most obstacles and I'm yet to have a pedal strike.
Launching over jumps is very different again just need to re adjust my timing to compress and release. I'm sure the will come with more ride time.
So far loving the experience.
Front brakes have been fitted broken banjo in caliper repaired

View attachment 100693 View attachment 100694 View attachment 100695
After riding the Voima for a while now, how does it compare to the Rail?

Jono967

Apr 4, 2019
Victoria Australia
After riding the Voima for a while now, how does it compare to the Rail?
I’m still feeling my way so to speak and learning the bike and matching it with my capabilities. The Trek seems plusher than the Voima but the Voima seems to have so much more traction, feels easier to move around and more confident in bombing down rutted narely trails
I still need more ride time and majority of our tracks out here are in really poor condition because of the weather over the last few months so it’s hard to compare the two over trails I used to know really well

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
I’m still feeling my way so to speak and learning the bike and matching it with my capabilities. The Trek seems plusher than the Voima but the Voima seems to have so much more traction, feels easier to move around and more confident in bombing down rutted narely trails
I still need more ride time and majority of our tracks out here are in really poor condition because of the weather over the last few months so it’s hard to compare the two over trails I used to know really well
Cheers Jono, I'm currently on a 2022 Rail 9.8 which I'm loving, but got to admit, I've been beguiled by the look of the Voima.
I appreciate good engineering and as far as I'm concerned the Pole is in a league of its own.
However it's got to ride at least as good as the Rail.

Karve

Subscriber
Jan 12, 2021
UK
This is shaping to be a recurring theme with Voima.
Ill offer a slightly different view - from my perspective I was happy on the Voima a couple runs in.. its surprisingly agile and playful and settles into a longer turn arc than my previous eeb, but I really didn’t feel there was a learning curve... I think im maybe the outlier looking at feedback but I don’t think everyone will need to learn how to get the best out of it. Maybe its because the bike I spend lot of time on already (analogue) has a 460 reach and 78 deg seat angle so it’s not miles from that. Im on a k2 173cm, saddle in the middle of the rails - fits great, deffo wouldn’t want smaller. Previous eeb was a 21 Rail M

Tankboy

Jun 23, 2022
Weymouth
Ahh coolio your making progress then, the EXT fork looks nuts. The one upgrade I'd like to do is bin the air shock on the Voima and get a coil EXT with HBC🤙

Yeah, who decided that DH frames need a 150mm axle but an 'enduro' frame needs 148mm, why not the same???? Putting a 12 speed and dropper post on proper DH bike would be kinda useful?! Used to have a Rohloff 14 speed hub on my DH bike back in the day, really good just fecking heavy!

NickyTee

Sep 20, 2022
UK
Ahh coolio your making progress then, the EXT fork looks nuts. The one upgrade I'd like to do is bin the air shock on the Voima and get a coil EXT with HBC🤙

Yeah, who decided that DH frames need a 150mm axle but an 'enduro' frame needs 148mm, why not the same???? Putting a 12 speed and dropper post on proper DH bike would be kinda useful?! Used to have a Rohloff 14 speed hub on my DH bike back in the day, really good just fecking heavy!
I only ever really use two gears on my DH bike! Voima will be 10 speed Saint.

Picking up my E-Storia at the end of the week :cool:

D3xt3rMTB

Subscriber
Mar 16, 2021
UK
Voima turned up today. Mostly built but still got some tweaks to do to set up. Only 1 niggle really that the front brake hose is a tight fit on the right hand side of bar, It's on but the hose is pulled tight and has zero slack in it so going to have to replace that (guess there built expecting front brake on the left). Did a quick brake bed in ride and seated position felt comfy, not cramped or stretched. K4 size running a 45mm stem and trying a 60mm rise bar. Looking forward to a proper ride later in the week.

edit* - after a couple of set up rides I've moved the front brake inboard a little on the bar and rolled it forwards and there's just enough slack to be ok. To be fair I have a lot of rise going on at the cockpit.

Last edited:

NickyTee

Sep 20, 2022
UK
Yesterday, I visited Mojo Rising. Initially, I wanted to see if their MORC 40 drop crowns would help with my Fox-49-arch-hits-the-Voima-headtube problem.

I had already gained around 3mm clearance by fitting a Works Components +5mm reach adjust headset. Thanks to @Dirtnvert for the idea.

It turns out that the MORC crowns didn’t offer me any further clearance. I was a bit gutted, because they’re lovely pieces of machining. However, Chris P worked his magic, finding just enough room with my existing Fox crowns to clear the fork seals by a few mm. He also hooked me up with a used set of Fox 40 crowns of the same age, since my steerer tube was also a few mm too short for safety at the limit. My Fox 49 is now safe and ready to ride.

Jack had built an EXT E-Storia for me, based on email chat earlier in the week. The shock is fitted with a 600lb spring, and I also took away a 575lb spring for sloppy winter riding. The guys took great care in fitting the shock to my frame - brilliant!

Thanks to both Chris and Jack for their amazing work yesterday. It’s always good to talk to experts in their field, and they’re super-nice guys with it.

IMG_0418.jpeg

IMG_0419.jpeg

IMG_0423.jpeg

IMG_0427.jpeg

Dozer

Oct 13, 2022
Norway
Has anyone opted for the Braking INCAS 2.0? Or have any experience with those brakes?
Would they be an upgrade in performance over the Code RSC?

Jono967

Apr 4, 2019
Victoria Australia
Has anyone opted for the Braking INCAS 2.0? Or have any experience with those brakes?
Would they be an upgrade in performance over the Code RSC?
I opted for the incas
Performance chalk and cheese
So much more power over the codes
They look amazing and perform as good as they look
They do like a bit of heat in them to work their best but that is more likely the pad compound
They came with the 3mm rear disc

Dozer

Oct 13, 2022
Norway
They do like a bit of heat in them to work their best but that is more likely the pad compound
They came with the 3mm rear disc
Thank you.
Yes, that would probably be the brake compound.
It's good to know about the 3mm upgrade.
Have you looked into fitting a 220mm rotor in front?

Nov 7, 2019
Colorado
Anyone gotten the new Race Axles?
They state it makes the swingarm 30% stiffer, allowing better cornering.
For “Racers, big boys, and fast riders. You know if you need them.”

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Anyone gotten the new Race Axles?
They state it makes the swingarm 30% stiffer, allowing better cornering.
For “Racers, big boys, and fast riders. You know if you need them.”
I have the race axles. I want aware until they told me. Having not tried regular ones, I couldn’t tell you the difference in feel

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
How long then before a v2 that incorporates the latest slimline controller?
Guess it wouldn't take much when they are made in-house.
One of the very few things I would like to see, along with a slightly shorter headtube to help with fitting dual crown forks to make the bike perfect.
Oh and loose the battery key as well!
Screenshot_20221119-165622.jpg

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles