Please recommend some 29 tyres

Flo

Sep 16, 2020
Romania
Hi !
I have some Maxxis Rekon 29x2,6 60 TPI tyres on my ebike and i want to change them with some tyres for allroads, because Maxxis are so noisy on the asphalt, and on plain roads having big spikes.
The wheels have 29 and are Syncros MD30, 32 holes , 30mm. I want to buy tyres who can resist to punctures very well, with spikes only outside and please recommend me some good innertubes to. I don't want to make them tubeless.
I'm waiting your help, please.
Thank you!

kilorand

Nov 9, 2020
New Forest
Hi !
I have some Maxxis Rekon 29x2,6 60 TPI tyres on my ebike and i want to change them with some tyres for allroads, because Maxxis are so noisy on the asphalt, and on plain roads having big spikes.
The wheels have 29 and are Syncros MD30, 32 holes , 30mm. I want to buy tyres who can resist to punctures very well, with spikes only outside and please recommend me some good innertubes to. I don't want to make them tubeless.
I'm waiting your help, please.
Thank you!

I like WTB tyres - possibly the Byway would fit your brief but it only goes up to 47mm. I'm not aware of anything in 2.6" with a flat centre with side spikes. A tyre like the Teravail Cumberland might work - shorter, close-packed centre knobs with more aggressive ones on the shoulder.
For tubes I've always run Conti or Michelin.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
If you are wanting tyres for the road, then you don't need to stick with 2.6" width. You could go right down and get improved range too.

It is strange how different riders view things differently. I fitted the 2.6" Rekons as my summer road tyres! :)

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Morning forum members. Just wondered how much people were paying for tyres a year ago compared to now ?

Last time I bought some tyres was around 8 years ago, Nobbly Nics for my 27.5, cost around £20 each max

I’m now looking for a grippy front 29 2.6 and the prices are coming back from £45 to £60, E-Wilds, Magic Mary, Nobblies etc - is this just a result of supply & demand because of the current international bike crisis or is this the price of tyres these days ?

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
No thats kind of the right pricing ball park wise, you can often find good value as new tire sets that people have swapped out off of new bikes on here, or eBay

Flo

Sep 16, 2020
Romania
Schwalbe Johnny Watts was my choice. 2.6 on the front and 2.35 rear. Speedy tyres, good behaviour at corners, very good at 50km/h....i want to buy a new set for spare, but maybe a fancy ones, with beige stripes on sides. I like them. Maxxis, Nobby Nic......to be good at corners, not to much rolling resistance and puncture protection. I am open for brands like Michelin, Vittoria, WTB....please do some recommandation.

Chrismondy

Feb 5, 2021
Slovakia
So i have maxxis dhr2 etc and dhf. But after destroying the rear tyre (with exo+ casing) the dealer in Munich pulled on a brand new specialized butcher black diamond and that tyre has grip like you can't imagine. Its a very soft compound and the rolling resistance is not great but for bullet proof descending its amazing

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles