Plastic washer/spacer location help

Matt b

Sep 28, 2018
Swansea
I've got my brose 1.3 motor back from performance line bearings. Started to install and I have 2 plastic washer/spacers (see photo) and have totally forgotten where they go. I've just taken out the motor, nothing else. Bike is 2018 specialized comp carbon. Anybody able to help?
Cheers
Matt

washer.jpg

Last edited:

Simoto123

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Aug 6, 2019
North west
I’m no bike tech but, are they the spacers that fit either side of the rear motor mount as part of the chainstay axle assembly?
hope this helps. Watch out for the nut associated with the chain device or you may end up taking it all out again. The nut is not captive.
cheers

Matt b

Sep 28, 2018
Swansea
I’m no bike tech but, are they the spacers that fit either side of the rear motor mount as part of the chainstay axle assembly?
hope this helps. Watch out for the nut associated with the chain device or you may end up taking it all out again. The nut is not captive.
cheers
Did think it was something to do with the pivot bolt at the chainsay but can't see where they would go. Thanks

Simoto123

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Aug 6, 2019
North west
Glad to help. I think they fit between motor and inner chain stay. There may be some tapering along the length of the free chain stays. Making there appear to be no obvious room for them. Maybe someone with greater experience can chime in with a quick confirmation.

Matt b

Sep 28, 2018
Swansea
Glad to help. I think they fit between motor and inner chain stay. There may be some tapering along the length of the free chain stays. Making there appear to be no obvious room for them. Maybe someone with greater experience can chime in with a quick confirmation.
If anyone has an exploded diagram that would be great. I have looked online but have only found ones for newer models.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles