Pimp my ride - accessory colours?

Hitby

Jun 22, 2019
North Yorkshire
You know what it's like. You've not washed your bike for a while 'cos it's bloody freezing out so you feel like giving it a treat. I really fancy some new grips, potentially DMR Deathgrips unless there's anything better but I don't want to just buy black as then, how will I know when I'm looking at it (fuzzy logic).

Anyway, here is where the problem stems - I've got a "Nice Blue' Levo and after days of research I can't decide what colour is going to match (other than black ?) or potentially white but white grips just seems like a no no.

Also, once I've got grips then of course I'll need matching pedals and whatever else I can come up with but why don't manufacturers make everything the same colour? I.e. yellow DMR V12s don't match yellow DMR grips... infuriating!

What colour would you go for?
IMG_0800.jpeg IMG_0834.jpeg

Hitby

Jun 22, 2019
North Yorkshire
Either of these would look okay I reckon...!

View attachment 25603 View attachment 25604
Cheers, yeah, I'd be worried about the blue as it's almost certainly going to be a different shade to the bike.

The snow camo is top of the list at the moment but if I'm not buying white so they don't get dirty, I'm not sure why I'd buy ones that already look like I've had to change my chain a few times and then ride home :unsure:.

Does anyone actually have white grips? Do they stay white? I mean, after you wash them obviously, or do they get grubby?

Beatn1K

Jan 25, 2020
UK
The reason I didnt go with Death Grips is because they look like they will hold alot of sh1te between the waffling...And the reason I chickened out of white. So I cant actually answer your question.
That said, your pedals will soon look like the Snow Camo too...( ask me how I know...lol )

Hitby

Jun 22, 2019
North Yorkshire
?Yep, they're old pics - the pedals are now a nice shade of silver and grey.

I'm thinking yellow would match but as per my op - you can't get grips and pedals the same colour even from the same manufacturer. Also, my missus would probably go bananas if I bought another set of V12s just to change the colour hah!

Hitby

Jun 22, 2019
North Yorkshire
So, decided on

DMR Deathgrips in Tango
s1600_BT_20150812_untitled_shoot_018.jpg

SDG Bel Air in orange. This was my favourite saddle on my old bike
Screenshot 2020-02-07 at 19.52.01.png
and finally copper orange Vault V2s.
DMR_Vault_Pedals_copper_orange[1920x1920].jpg

So, we'll find out next week if I've made an expensive mistake ??

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
Colour matching bikes doesn't do it for me as the colour will never be the same and it looks like you're trying too hard. I'd keep it simple and go black.

Jim25

Jan 23, 2020
London
The reason I didnt go with Death Grips is because they look like they will hold alot of sh1te between the waffling...And the reason I chickened out of white. So I cant actually answer your question.
That said, your pedals will soon look like the Snow Camo too...( ask me how I know...lol )
Your hands are on the grips covering the waffles when your in the mud....

Hitby

Jun 22, 2019
North Yorkshire
Well, I know we're all different but I think it looks :cool:

Please excuse the state of our caravan awning. We've had a bit of wind lately (you might have heard about it on the news) so nothing is where it started
IMG_1461.jpeg IMG_1460.jpeg IMG_1459.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles