Kona paint colours

lightning

Apr 5, 2021
UK
I know this is a boring request, but l am hoping some of you guys in the USA can help me, l've got a Kona Remote 160 in the turquoise green colour.
Kona don't supply touch up paint with new bikes in the U.K. due to "health and safety"
which is absurd.

l even contacted Kona in the U.K. but they passed me on to a bike shop that does paint, only to be told on calling them, that they only supply paint for their own bikes.

l assume the paint is available in the USA and it's possible to ship a small bottle of the stuff, as supplied with new bikes.

l would be happy to pay all costs if anyone could get me the correct paint for my bike.

image.jpg

MrPeaski

Sep 21, 2020
South Wales
Maybe a long shot, but see if taking to your local Halfords helps.
On their web site they say 'We match any paint for any car, collect in 24 hours'

Might be worth a visit with the bike to see if they have something at least close

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Halfords is the first place I go to. I have succeeded twice. Once with a perfect match on a Focus and one with a very close match on a Merida. Close enough for paint chips, not big areas.

There are also hobby shops that do a range of paints in tiny pots.

lightning

Apr 5, 2021
UK
Thank you, l've tried three paint touch up pots and car touch up that looked similar on the pictures, but are nothing like.

Latest was "sea foam green" guitar touch up paint, which looked perfect, but it's way off.

image.jpg
image.jpg

MrPeaski

Sep 21, 2020
South Wales
I read a really old forum post, that said that Halfords used to have a large colour chart.
Each paint swatch had a hole in so when placed over the item to match, the original colour can be seen through.

Maybe they still have them?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles