Fuel EXe Picked up Trek Fuel Exe 9.8 xt today Australia

Moe Ped

Apr 19, 2020
Perth Australia
Am in Perth Australia got the call it had arrived was not due till mid August, looks stunning in black with Gold.

‘Sorry about the poor photos

Updated better quality photos with Enve wheels and AXS dropper

A3721CF8-45F2-4075-9578-8C47DAF459D1.jpeg

1A9A7328-6F59-4A6D-BA75-7E707A6A4F1A.jpeg

trek fuel 1.jpg

trk fuel 2.jpg

Last edited:

Doug Stampfer

Jul 7, 2018
NZ
Yes I saw one yesterday in T7 over here. I couldn't tell they were an emtb & felt reasonably light to lift. I was surprised to see so many Trek EMTBs on the usually empty shop floor

Moe Ped

Apr 19, 2020
Perth Australia
Yes I saw one yesterday in T7 over here. I couldn't tell they were an emtb & felt reasonably light to lift. I was surprised to see so many Trek EMTBs on the usually empty shop floor

‘Agree it’s when you lift it up the weight is nicely balanced, was easy to put in the car.

The handlebars are bloody Wide at 840 not sure why am a bit nervous about cutting them as they are integrated with the stem.

Doug Stampfer

Jul 7, 2018
NZ
‘Agree it’s when you lift it up the weight is nicely balanced, was easy to put in the car.

The handlebars are bloody Wide at 840 not sure why am a bit nervous about cutting them as they are integrated with the stem.
I've had to learn how to do a bit of a wiggle on the tight tracks 😁

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Cut-er-down!😳
Is that a one piece carbon bar? I wonder if they’ll have different bar sweeps and rise eventually?
Nice looking bike btw. I’ve got my eye on this one. 👍🏻

yase

Jul 30, 2022
Perth
Have one of these on order in Perth as well, looks sexy as. What model fork and shock is on your bike? Trek site says Charger 2.1 RC Damper (22' model) but from the pics, your bike looks to have the new 2023 forks. Interested as there is a bolt on mudguard available for the 23' Lyrik. I will also be looking at increasing travel to 160mm and the air spring has changed to a Debonair+.

maachine

May 22, 2018
Australia
Anyone know why Australia only getting 3 models of the Trek EXE? I guess I can buy an XT build and put on AXS components but is a bit odd that all the models aren't available here.

Moe Ped

Apr 19, 2020
Perth Australia
Have one of these on order in Perth as well, looks sexy as. What model fork and shock is on your bike? Trek site says Charger 2.1 RC Damper (22' model) but from the pics, your bike looks to have the new 2023 forks. Interested as there is a bolt on mudguard available for the 23' Lyrik. I will also be looking at increasing travel to 160mm and the air spring has changed to a Debonair+.

not sure how do I tell which one?

flash

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
How do you like the Forestal? How is the dashboard working? Any problems?

The only problem has been getting a ride! Apart from blasting around the block for some set up I haven't ridden it yet. Three weeks and only 6km. It's been pissing down, again. Tracks closed. Floods. Landslides. The video of Jack Moir showing the landslide is one of my local rides and that will be closed for six months. Done more track repair than riding. I also got the Levo I ordered last September the same day. So the two rides I've gotten in have been on that. I usually ride with full fats on the weekend and hoping to get this out during the week.

But I can say.
* It's got more punch than my LaPierre eZesty with the original Evation motor (which is getting upgraded to a ride 50 soon).
* It feels very very plush. The Ohlins sets up differently (sag etc) It'll take some time but it feels really nice off the top so far.
* It's stunning in real life. Just beautiful. The Italian BraKing brakes are a work of art. I added a gold stem to match. :)
* I hate the shipped tyres (2.3" High rollers with only EXO for weight saving). I'm putting a few extra grams on when I set up tubless today.
* It runs with Android OS in the background. So it takes about 30 seconds to turn on. After that everything is really responsive. Still some features in the app missing. Trying to work out how to connect to my Garmin etc....
* The remote switch is cheap and nasty. Not the pretty one they advertised with. It works fine though. And it's small.
* It's not super quiet like the Trek or Fazua. Sounds a bit like a Levo SL. It's not LOUD. But it's there. Very low resistance above the limiter.
* Out of the box weight with tubes was 18.9 kg which is .6 more than advertised. I reckon ride weight will be about 20kg with pedals and tubeless and added headset tool. That's identical to my eZesty but with 29er and bigger battery. My Levo is 23kg as ridden (same as my Merida I rode before Levo). I do feel the 3kg.

Going to try for a mid week set up ride. I hope it's good. It's the most expensive bike I've ever bought......

Gordon

Moe Ped

Apr 19, 2020
Perth Australia
The only problem has been getting a ride! Apart from blasting around the block for some set up I haven't ridden it yet. Three weeks and only 6km. It's been pissing down, again. Tracks closed. Floods. Landslides. The video of Jack Moir showing the landslide is one of my local rides and that will be closed for six months. Done more track repair than riding. I also got the Levo I ordered last September the same day. So the two rides I've gotten in have been on that. I usually ride with full fats on the weekend and hoping to get this out during the week.

But I can say.
* It's got more punch than my LaPierre eZesty with the original Evation motor (which is getting upgraded to a ride 50 soon).
* It feels very very plush. The Ohlins sets up differently (sag etc) It'll take some time but it feels really nice off the top so far.
* It's stunning in real life. Just beautiful. The Italian BraKing brakes are a work of art. I added a gold stem to match. :)
* I hate the shipped tyres (2.3" High rollers with only EXO for weight saving). I'm putting a few extra grams on when I set up tubless today.
* It runs with Android OS in the background. So it takes about 30 seconds to turn on. After that everything is really responsive. Still some features in the app missing. Trying to work out how to connect to my Garmin etc....
* The remote switch is cheap and nasty. Not the pretty one they advertised with. It works fine though. And it's small.
* It's not super quiet like the Trek or Fazua. Sounds a bit like a Levo SL. It's not LOUD. But it's there. Very low resistance above the limiter.
* Out of the box weight with tubes was 18.9 kg which is .6 more than advertised. I reckon ride weight will be about 20kg with pedals and tubeless and added headset tool. That's identical to my eZesty but with 29er and bigger battery. My Levo is 23kg as ridden (same as my Merida I rode before Levo). I do feel the 3kg.

Going to try for a mid week set up ride. I hope it's good. It's the most expensive bike I've ever bought......

Gordon

‘Might need to get you to talk to my wife I also have a Levo and she can’t seem to understand why I need 3 ebikes.🤓 I actually have 4 but one is my loaner for when someone wants to come riding with us.

flash

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
‘that’s mountain bikes I also have 4 electric road bikes, I actually think I may have a problem. But for now based on your response we can call it an Aussie thing.

‘she has stopped complaining though just rolls her eyes.
haha. you win for sure. I have one eGravel bike but no eRoad. 4 is exceptional!. :)

Gordon

R2thek

Apr 10, 2022
Colorado
My

But I can say.

Gordon
ever bought, so far. good to hear that it’s working out.
I was considering it but traded my Levi for a rise. Glad I did. Might consider a cyon or shuttle sl

yase

Jul 30, 2022
Perth
not sure how do I tell which one?
Enter your serial number in the link below. Will show you model number and all details, look for the charger version

From what i can see, the model numbers are:
2022 = FS-LYRK-SELP-C2
2023 = FS-LYRK-SELP-D1

Also if your forks have the new pressure relief valves on the back of the lowers then they are 2023

Moe Ped

Apr 19, 2020
Perth Australia
Enter your serial number in the link below. Will show you model number and all details, look for the charger version

From what i can see, the model numbers are:
2022 = FS-LYRK-SELP-C2
2023 = FS-LYRK-SELP-D1

Also if your forks have the new pressure relief valves on the back of the lowers then they are 2023

yes they have pressue relief valves and screw holes for a mudguard.

Moe Ped

Apr 19, 2020
Perth Australia
Managed to get an hour on the bike today on one of our local green trails.

As a background i had a Levo SL for the past 18 months and sold it earlier this year to get a Levo Pro. The bike i am comparing this one to is the SL.

What i did not like about the SL was the geometry and the motor needed reasonable cadence to get the best out of it, a couple of times i got caught out in too high a gear on a steep climb and didnt get the support i would have liked.

This one has much better power to cadence balance you can get out of the above much easier and the geometry is more like my Levo Pro.

I mostly ride with my son he is not on an ebike but is super fit and this one hits the mark, the motor is so quiet its strange but good at the same time.

My final action is i sold my Levo Pro back to my local bike shop today this is the one for me, alongside my other bikes.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles