My tent
38741C7E-5A0F-48E8-ADAC-6A98B6DF45F8.jpeg

The trails had many river crosses, this being the most volumous
C51507B2-4447-4FCF-A9F2-203E1BCCCBCB.jpeg

7C17CE80-9C5F-4AF2-8469-844749F83D86.jpeg

Twin Valleys

Nov 5, 2019
southern Alberta, Canada
No bike, not brought it as only here for the day...
View attachment 113246
Funchal, Madeira! 😁
coincidence just spent the day planning and booking 3 week vacation in November to Funchal - you best bring your own bike as 3 week rental of an e-bike (fully - whatever that is, suspension I guess) is 1000 euros - the battery and air travel not an option of course so will have to pick a couple of days rental on the retirement budget

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
No photos …

Because …

My motor is knackered and being replaced under warranty 🤬

Going to Scotland on Thursday morning for a four day trip. Taking the tank instead 🤬
These motors seem to know the most inopportune moments to break down...at least you have back-up mate.
Hope you & Lou have a great trip ..would have joined you for a day but still healing ( slowly ) and at the docs x2 weekly for check-ups as the wound became infected ..

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
These motors seem to know the most inopportune moments to break down...at least you have back-up mate.
Hope you & Lou have a great trip ..would have joined you for a day but still healing ( slowly ) and at the docs x2 weekly for check-ups as the wound became infected ..
Oh no, infected wound sounds nasty. Have you tried maggots ? Heal well dude.

As for the bike, just changed linkage & headset bearings, chain ring & chain, new derailleur, new dropper, fork fully serviced, first ride on Saturday after having all that done and the motor goes kaput 🤯😆

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Yeah ..I know what you mean ..here's mine from a couple of weeks back on my last ride out with Richy & Wayne..
20230420_114925.jpg

Double whammy as the pedal caught my shin on the way around ..and that hurt a whole lot more
20230424_070321.jpg

Thing is ..I don't use flat pedals and was taking a very small drop off down hill having just started again after closing a gate ...I thought I was clipped in ...nope! 😄
20230421_063908.jpg

I will spare you the pics where it has become infected 😁
So remember kids ...always check that you are attached to the bike ..three hospital trips & 2x weekly trips to see the local nurse for check -ups means I wish I had taken my own advice 😂

IndigoUnicorn

E*POWAH Master
Sep 17, 2020
Las Cruces, NM
Yeah ..I know what you mean ..here's mine from a couple of weeks back on my last ride out with Richy & Wayne.. View attachment 113401
Double whammy as the pedal caught my shin on the way around ..and that hurt a whole lot more View attachment 113402
Thing is ..I don't use flat pedals and was taking a very small drop off down hill having just started again after closing a gate ...I thought I was clipped in ...nope!
View attachment 113403
I will spare you the pics where it has become infected
So remember kids ...always check that you are attached to the bike ..three hospital trips & 2x weekly trips to see the local nurse for check -ups means I wish I had taken my own advice

Gawd awmighty, man!

I know your pain of something being infected, though, and making those trips to the wound nurse/doc. Ugh. Not fun and the antibiotics are worse!

Because I pedal with my mid foot and heels, i can only use flats. So I frequently lose the pedals on rough stuff or when my legs are simply tired. My running joke is, “If I ain’t bleeding, I ain’t riding!” 🩸🩸🩸

OldnSlow

Dec 31, 2021
New Zealand
Yeah ..I know what you mean ..here's mine from a couple of weeks back on my last ride out with Richy & Wayne.. View attachment 113401
Double whammy as the pedal caught my shin on the way around ..and that hurt a whole lot more View attachment 113402
Thing is ..I don't use flat pedals and was taking a very small drop off down hill having just started again after closing a gate ...I thought I was clipped in ...nope! 😄
View attachment 113403
I will spare you the pics where it has become infected 😁
So remember kids ...always check that you are attached to the bike ..three hospital trips & 2x weekly trips to see the local nurse for check -ups means I wish I had taken my own advice 😂
More sage advice for the kids here -

IndigoUnicorn

E*POWAH Master
Sep 17, 2020
Las Cruces, NM
4 May 2023. Moonrise over the south end of the Organ Mountains, Las Cruces, New Mexico, USA.

The Gravalerxs, a local riding group, host rides on Thursday evenings spring, summer, and fall. The rides vary and are made up of gravel, ditches, road, and singletrack. Last night’s was predominantly singletrack through the desert (LOTS of climbing in and out of arroyos and deep sand).

It kicked my ass. I made it to the end of the climbing bit but was too knackered to take on the downhill back to town. I bailed and used the paved road downhill to where I’d parked my truck.

It’s was humbling and frustrating. Frustrating to see how much fitness and skill I’ve lost since last year, and humbling thanks to the help of the sweep riders who hung with me to the halfway point.

All in all, it means I need to ride more. Especially more singletrack. I was having fear reactions that I haven’t experienced since the early days of learning to MTB.

Gonna be a long road back, for sure.

IMG_0497.jpg

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Went up The Scalp today a wee hill near Dufftown. A good track to top 470mtrs then decided to explore a bit . It went doon hill from there i can tell ye. Burnt Heather tracks or cut by a machine for Grouse shoot ? . Ended up pushing bike just too lumpy and the burnt Heather is deadly on the derailleur. Made it to Achindoon Castle barriers all round due to falling masonry been before but hopefully opens again its free as well. Not a big mile day but tired now . No fool like an old fool.

20230506_112030.jpg 20230506_113142.jpg 20230506_114134.jpg 20230506_125620.jpg 20230506_131520.jpg 20230506_125121.jpg Screenshot_20230506_181649_Memory-Map.jpg

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
Time of year to get the beast onto the buzzrack and head out.
Ventured over to Ladybower for the 1st time to do a kamoot loop!! What was supposed to be a 17 mile ride ended up being 26+ and an empty phone enroute.
Aaaaaaargh it went pear shaped with my GPS sending me 9 miles off track to begin. Got back on route and nearly called it. Had a vape and a cool down then started again.
The route was savage lol, I may have done sections that were not meant for the direction I was going..... Up up up was the theme with only a couple of very small sections you could call down !
I don't mind the climbs when it's rewarded but this route I took did not justify the climbs with downs.

Still had an ok day but need to research the route for next time.

I can't be arsed to go through my footage to grab pics as im knackered. so here's just a single of the loop start take 2.
GX010028_1683398841305.jpg

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
Casual jaunt into the hills above The OC today. The intended trail is sort of... not very legal... if you want to be picky about it. Actually, the trail is legal, but it dumps into a former detention center for bad kids. The center is closed to unauthorized access. But the trail is cool, so we don't dilly-dally when inside the closed area, and no one has ever fired upon us.

IMG_0821.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles