Pic of the Day

Arminius

Subscriber
Jul 26, 2022
Rhein-Ruhr Delta, Germany

Jamze

Jun 30, 2020
Oxfordshire
Lovely, isn’t it. I rode from Swindon to Reading, with a few diversions along the way. Am new to this eMTB thing so wanted to see how far I’d get on a full battery.
Well, 65 miles is pretty good. What size is the battery?

These historic sites blow my mind. I was in Banbury dead early for something yesterday, so I watched the sunrise at Rollright Stones. 2,500 BC 🤯

Sunrise at Rollright Stones - small.jpg

Last edited:

tomisitt

Nov 11, 2022
UK
Well, 65 miles is pretty good. What size is the battery?

These historic sites blow my mind. I was in Banbury dead early for something yesterday, so I watched the sunrise at Rollright Stones. 2,500 BC 🤯
It’s a 750w/h Bosch. Had 10% left at the end, so pretty happy with that. I too love these Neolithic sites and ancient byways.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
A very last minute decision from me ( was going to work today ) to join Wayne ( The EMF ) & Paul (Jaco) on a ride out of Rothbury ..and so pleased that I did as it was one of the most perfect winter rides Ive ever ridden ..
The start of the off-road proper onto the Rothbury Carriage Drive / Debdon Woods ..a nice crisp , grippy cover of snow..with the odd long stretch of sheet ice ..
20230121_105126.jpg

Some off-piste naughty bits ..
20230121_110954.jpg

20230121_111006.jpg

Dropping down Physic Lane ..Wayne needs no second invitation to get going
20230121_111606~2.jpg
20230121_111614~2.jpg

The other side of the valley..and the end of a rocky ridge in the Simonside Hills ..didn't ride any of this today ..but Jaco & myself were part of a group of very naughty boys that did a few years back on normal mtb's..( not an option on a much heavier emtb due to the hike a bike involved )
For scale ..there is someone walking along the top...left of centre..
20230121_121138.jpg

The start of the drop to Hepple Whitfield ..normally a balls out fast as you dare blast which starts gentle and steepens quickly over the course of a couple of miles or so ..today it wasn't playing nice as the snow covering was hiding solid ice in lots of places which I found out to my cost after gently feathering the brakes and wondering why I was flying through the air a couple of seconds later ( the bruise on my hip should be quite spectacular ..)
20230121_123927.jpg

Lunch stop in a shooters hut ..half way down
20230121_125539.jpg

A few "imported " Dartmoor ( ?) ponies who weren't too bothered by us being there and a nice pootle alongside the River Coquet back to the cars completed a fantastic ride ..with a pint in the Turks Head fully rounding things off ..(cheers Wayne)
The best day of work I've never done !😁
20230121_132123.jpg

Last edited:

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
A very last minute decision from me ( was going to work today ) to join Wayne ( The EMF ) & Paul (Jaco) on a ride out of Rothbury ..and so pleased that I did as it was one of the most perfect winter rides Ive ever ridden ..
The start of the off-road proper onto the Rothbury Carriage Drive / Debdon Woods ..a nice crisp , grippy cover of snow..with the odd long stretch of sheet ice ..
View attachment 104928

Some off-piste naughty bits .. View attachment 104924

View attachment 104925

Dropping down Physic Lane ..Wayne needs no second invitation to get going
View attachment 104926 View attachment 104927

The other side of the valley..and the end of a rocky ridge in the Simonside Hills ..didn't ride any of this today ..but Jaco & myself were part of a group of very naughty boys that did a few years back on normal mtb's..( not an option on a much heavier emtb due to the hike a bike involved ) View attachment 104940
The start of the drop to Hepple Whitfield ..normally a balls out fast as you dare blast which starts gentle and steepest quickly over the course of a couple of miles or so ..today it wasn't playing nice as the snow covering was hiding solid ice in lots of places which I found out to my cost after gently feathering the brakes and wondering why I was flying through the air a couple of seconds later ( the bruise on my hip should be quite spectacular ..)
View attachment 104941
Lunch stop in a shooters hut ..half way down
View attachment 104943
A few "imported " Dartmoor ( ?) ponies who weren't too bothered by us being there and a nice pootle alongside the River Coquet back to the cars completed a fantastic ride ..with a pint in the Turks Head fully rounding things off ..(cheers Wayne)
The best day of work I've never done !😁
View attachment 104945
Your all well wrapped up looks cold .

fenwick458

Oct 6, 2020
Cumbria
Not sure - Dent is more of an 'area' than a place.
View attachment 104902
Dent is the name of the fell, also know as "Bike Park Dent" there used to be loads of trails to ride up there but they are not in the best of condition now as a lot of the forest has been cut down. some are rideable again but the access roads are all trashed and not really accessible unless you are super fit or have an e-bike so it's less popular

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Dent is the name of the fell, also know as "Bike Park Dent" there used to be loads of trails to ride up there but they are not in the best of condition now as a lot of the forest has been cut down. some are rideable again but the access roads are all trashed and not really accessible unless you are super fit or have an e-bike so it's less popular
There must be another Dent ..(N.W. Yorkshire Dale's)? ..we have had a group ride out of the village of Dent last year ( in Dentdale ) which took in Ribblehead viaduct to name just one place visited ..

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
Suicidal day yesterday. Freezing, high wind chill and snow that partially melted and froze to ice everywhere!

Even the walkers were struggling and falling or coming down slopes sat down it was that slippy.

Of course I managed 9 miles before I fell off! Front-end just washing on sheet ice under frost... Small bruise and graze.

Rivington Winter Hill.jpg
Winter Hill Summit.jpg

SwampNut

Oct 26, 2022
Peoria, AZ USA
Definitely very uncommon here in Arizona. This fire road is in a flood control area, but I've never seen it impassable before. Also that mud was absolutely insane. It was like mortar mixed with gear oil. The good thing is that it had absolutely zero traction, so when it packed up and locked up the tire, I was able to safely slide all the way to the scene of the crash. I had to pull the bike over to the grass to get any traction to re-start the ride out.

1674427999088.jpeg

1674428025507.jpeg

IMG_1014.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles